Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Happy Valley Splash Park

One of our boys' favorite parks is the Happy Valley Park. I have to admit, it's a rather well laid out park. There are soccer fields, baseball feilds, dog runs, a small creek with a hiking path, tons of playground equipment, a basketball court, tennis courts, tons of picnic tables, and a gazebo, but our boys favorite area is the splash pad (well at least when it's warm out).
 On one of the few weekends that it was nice out we were able to head over to it. The boys had a blast. Quincy was reluctant to get in the freezing cold (and when I say cold... I mean ICE cold) water. However, after they saw the other kids spashing and running around in it we had a hard time getting them out.
 I'm pretty sure that Braxton had purple lips and STILL refused to leave the water. I had to drag him out and he WAS NOT happy about that. I let him warm up with me on a towel and then he ran straight back in the moment I let go of him.
 Braxton really is our WATER baby. He loves the bath and so what could be better than an outdoor bath, so to speak.
 Quincy was making friends with other kids that he didn't know and spent the whole time running through the water.
 Gotta love those few warm days we get!
 Freezing cold and still has a smile on his face!
 Braxton was getting drenched in this water and didn't mind ONE BIT!
 A moment to warm up.
 Notice that he's pointing... hmmmm I wonder what he's pointing to. The water, perhaps?
 Tyler working on his tan. :)
We can't wait to go back to the splash pad some more during those hot days of summer.... granted we actually GET some more hot days of summer.

1 comment:

lindquist said...

These are really cute pics! I was thinking on the first pic how tall and lean Quincy is starting to look. Then on the next picture it looks like Braxton's belly is going to EXPLODE! ha ha ha!