Sunday, August 21, 2011

Second Stop: Depoe Bay

After our lunch in Lincoln City we drove south 5 minutes further and reached Depoe Bay. I think it's amazing the variety of the Oregon Coast. While some parts are sandy and smooth, others are rocky and steep. Even the variety of the plants changed.
This picture I took from the car... right before we pulled into Depoe Bay.
Since our boys were SO sad they had to leave the beach in Lincoln City, Tyler promised ice cream to keep their spirits up. Apparently this was the trick! After all, a little ice cream usually cheers up everyone, right? And no other ice cream is better than Tillamook Ice cream! Mom got Tillamook Mudslide, of course since I'm a chocolate lover....  
... My boys of course got  fruity flavors. Tyler got Strawberry orange and Quincy got Orange Sherbert.
Braxton was happy sharing bites with all of us.
Once again, everone was happy after eating our treats.
And while we walked along the water front... I was able to snap a few pictures of the beautiful landscape.
This was my favorite picture. (Above)
The boys admired this lovely whale statue and then unexpectedly he started squirting water out his blow hole. The boys sure liked that!
A nice lady was kind enough to take a family picture for us. Finally one with us ALL in it together!
Tyler told Quincy this rock was disappearing... thus Quincy kept insisting he wanted to see the "disappearing" rock.
Quincy was terrified of sitting up on this wall with Braxton to take their picture... thus the weak smile.
Once again... the boys didn't want to get in the car, but we assured them that we would still do more....

1 comment:

Paula said...

Hi, Kati!
My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
I was looking for blogs about Depoe Bay to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Jane