Saturday, August 20, 2011

First Stop: Lincoln City

A little over 2 hours of driving and we arrived at our first stop: Lincoln City. It was a beautiful day at the coast- sunny, warm, and blue skies! A rare occassion for the Oregon Coast. Before heading down to the beach we picked up some Subway sandwhiches for lunch.
Braxton has never been to the beach before... unless you count the time we went 2 years ago when I was pregnant with him. We were excited to see his reaction to this new thing called the ocean!
Quincy, who was a little frightened of the ocean when we went last time (he was only 2 1/2), was at ease with it this time around. He even proceeded to run through it like a pro.
While we were at the beach we encountered some sneaky pests! Sea gulls! These birds were so crafty at trying to get our picnic lunch. At one point they managed to haul off with part of Braxton's sandy sandwhich!
He kept trying to catch them and even managed to scare them off a few times. When I asked them where the sea gulls went, I got this reaction (above).
The ocean was beautiful! Our boys thoroughly enjoyed going to see it.
In fact, they enjoyed it very much when Tyler let them get soaking wet in their good clothes.
The best part of being at the beach (your boys getting out LOTS of energy).
Did I mention how MUCH I love my camera? It captures such wonderful detail.
Braxton giving me that 'look'.
A little picture of the photographer... I have to prove that I was there too!
One of the funniest things I've seen in a while was Braxton trying to run in the sand. Because it was uneven ground he had this funny waddle/ walk, sticking his hands out for balance. It resembled his early walking. And notice the fact that he is wearing no pants... because his jeans were SOAKED!
Quincy had so much fun at the ocean.
Just look at all those happy faces!
We pretty much were thrilled to see all his running, knowing it meant better sleep for night time.
The best picture I could get of these two 'smiling'. Notice that they have their hands sticking out all funny. It's because they were busily getting them wet and the sand stuck to them. They couldn't figure out how to get it off their hands and so hey held their fingers apart like this, trying to shake the sand off. Ha ha!
I don't think I could ever live at the beach... everything and everyone was covered in it when we left. I suppose you would have to come to terms that you would be eating it, sleeping in it, siting in it etc... Not exactly for me.
Nice gentle waves...
Braxton's first experience at the beach was a successful one! He loved it... and that was only the beginning.

1 comment:

Wii are the Nelsons said...

Beautiful pictures. Looks like your boys had tons of fun. Good job at remembering to get pictures of yourself there too =D