Friday, October 9, 2009

We're all settled in our new home!

Well... we officially made the move to our new apartment on Saturday October 3. It was quite the eventful day-- (errr, I should say 3 or 4 days for me) of packing, loading, unloading, and organizing. Luckily we were able to pick up our new leather couches on the way to our apartment since we had a moving truck.
All in all, we have no complaints about our new apartment. (Except for the fact that our car was towed on our first night there... because we didn't put the parking permit sticker in the window... but that is another story in itself!!)
It is absolutely beautiful! See for yourselves.
Our Living Room:
Note the pictures above the fireplace will have photos in them after we get some done this fall.
Our new Black leather couches... I compromised on these ones... the ones I liked were a little more modern and Tyler wasn't going for it. Since I gave in for 'his' couches.... I got to choose the pillows. Also, note the coffee table redone. I will post pictures of all my projects in 'before'/ 'after' phases.
The lamp I redid.....
Our fabulous kitchen with all stainless steal appliances. Boy does our lonely white toaster stick our like a sore thumb now!
I love that my oven has a broiler that actually works, the door shuts, and get this.... it cooks evenly!! Oh the blessings of a functioning oven.
Our sink with a fancy garbage disposal.
Our Dining room.... with wood floors, very nice for easy clean ups!
Our Bathroom with dual sinks and granite counter tops.... no more brown stinky laminate counters for us. :)
I also like that we have nice wood floors in here too.
Master bedroom.
Our big closets are nice... but I HATE the fact that there is no rod to hang our clothes on.... the racks are nice but truly limit how many clothes you can have hanging. Though it does look extremely organized.
Quincy's big boy bed... which was a "hand me down" from the Lines in our ward in Boise. We repainted it and bam... a brand new bed for a big boy!
I was apprehensive about how Quincy would sleep in his new room and in his new bed... but he must have been worn out from all the moving. He slept like a rock the first night.
Pipa's side of the room.

Pipa's crib and baby stuff.
Quincy's toys are now in the closet... easily accessible for him, and nicely put away for me when a clean up is rushed. :)
We all love our new place... now we just need to make some friends in the area.
Will try to keep you all updated.

9 comments:

Todd & Nichole said...

Wow!!! Your apartment looks great. I am so excited for you guys. How are you guys doing? We miss you? How is the pregnancy?

Wii are the Nelsons said...

you're great at decorating! love your fireplace! Wow Quincy has a big boy bed now!

The Brewers said...

Love your style. Your brand new couches are gorgeous, and I love the pillow selection! Where do you guys live? Close to me? If so... we've really got to get together!

Jennifer Kartchner said...

I love the lime green touches you added to your family room! lime green is my favorite color and it looks great with those leather couches!
Your new place looks great! congrats on finally being settled in!!

Coming soon.... said...

nice. very pretty!

Unknown said...

Okay, so since you won't stop pestering me about it and since i pestered you to make the post i figure i;ll say something. So first of all, I like the table that i sanded and painted, and the mirror that I fixed and painted. They look really great just like i thought they were going too!!
And the couches look great too, its funny how everything in your new ouse looks like exactly like something you WOULD have in your house. Looks great Kati, you've always had te touch for making things look nice.
Love you
Scotty

Kati Howard said...

Ha ha. Too bad all that help you did ended up having to be redone by me. Thanks though. Everything did turn out really nice, at least I think so.

Katelyn Graves said...

Love the couches and the green!! Pretty much ditto to everything everyone else has said!

Haley said...

kati!!! I love the new place! You have quite the decorators-touch :) Hope you guys are doing great!

And i caught up on some of your last posts...Quincy was TOO cute in those sleepy pics! (heehee)...the football game looked so fun!...and your own little Chef Boyardee = adorable!