Thursday, October 29, 2009

Announcing to the world.....

On October 20th we found out that we are going to have...........

...............Another Boy!


I was also somewhat relieved to see that we still have ONE healthy baby inside my tummy verses two. I know it seems silly, at my last ultrasound in August we had confirmed there was only one baby in there, but I sometimes get worried that there are two in there instead of just one and the doctors somehow missed the other one. Luckily we have one VERY healthy and very ACTIVE little boy in there.

I have to say, this pregnancy has been NOTHING like my last one so for a while I was thinking, **maybe it's a girl**, but the closer we got to my Dr. appointment the more I was feeling that it was yet another boy. Sure enough, as soon as we looked at the screen during my ultrasound there HE was..... showing off all his goods before the Dr. could even tell us that he was a boy. I knew immediately what I was looking at the second the picture pulled up on the screen. So here we go again, Boy #2!

I will openly admit that I was holding out for a girl, but there are also many reasons why I'm happy it's a boy instead. First, we already have boy stuff. And secondly, Quincy will love having a little brother to play with. So in that sense all is well for me.

The part in which I'm sad about is not being able to buy all those cute little girl things. Growing up I always wanted a sister..... and never got one. I do have an older, half sister, who I didn't meet until a few years ago. I feel sort of jipped in the girl department. I never had someone with whom I was closely bonded by blood to share all my secrets with. Fortunately, I DO have a wonderful relationship with my mom, which is why I was holding out to have at least one girl.

Alas, all is not lost... because we plan on having at least one or two more kids. So there's still hope for a little girl in our future, at least that's how I prefer to look at it.

The second part of finding out we are expecting boy #2 that is sad for me is that we DO NOT agree on boys' names. It took us forever to agree on a handful of names last time around. We only had about 5 that we BOTH liked; I was hoping this baby would be a girl and save us the headache in trying to figure out a way to compromise on something as 'insignificant' as a name. :o) So far we have maybe 2 names that we agree on......................

..........................................Wish us luck.

The part that I am very excited about for this next little boy is holding him. I can't wait to see all his 10 fingers and toes, I can't wait to smell his sweet baby scented skin, and feel his soft hair (if he has any, Quincy didn't have much), and I can't wait to feel his warm little fragile body next to mine.

We feel so blessed to have healthy babies. Though my baby #1 isn't much of a baby at all anymore. I know he will look gigantic next to Pipa.

On another note I will write a little update about what's new with me, at least in my pregnancy. My belly is getting bigger daily. I've always hated Tyler taking 'pregnancy photos' because I always felt they look unflattering. Who wants to remember looking so big and uncomfortable anyways? I am considering having my pictures taken by a girl I know... perhaps they will be something I WANT to remember.

I am officially 24 weeks today, so about 6 months along now. My due date is something like February 18th or such.... the estimated due date means nothing to me since I know of very few women who actually deliver on their EDD. While we were in for my ultrasound looking at Pipa the Dr. informed me that he was transverse breech, so it looks like I have another stubborn baby on my hands again, one that doesn't want to lie vertically inside me. Lucky me, it's extremely comfortable carrying babies horizontally! Although since I'm only 6 months, we have 3 more months before we need to make any definite plans for a c-section.
Only time will tell.

I have only gained 15 pounds so far.... this has been great news for me. I gained close to 50 when I carried Quincy (although I lost it all very fast--like 30 lbs within 2 days and the rest within 2 months) .... still it was extremely uncomfortable to carry that much weight. This time around I was hoping to stick closer to the recommended weight gain of 25-35 lbs. So it seems I'm on track this time for a more steady weight gain.

On Tuesday night Quincy and I went to Tyler's basketball game. While we were waiting for the high school volley ball game to end before the city league basketball could start I felt Quincy hit my stomach really hard. It was so hard that I looked down to scold him and realized that it wasn't Quincy it was PIPA! This little boy has got quite the power behind those kicks! What does the mean will happen when I'm 9 months pregnant??? UGG!

Lastly, I'm grateful to not be sick anymore... food has become much more enjoyable, although I do occasionally have bad heartburn. This has been a new experience for me, since I've never had heartburn in my life before. Lets just say it's not something I hope to carry on after pregnancy.


And I just thought I'd end with this picture of somebody else's pregnant belly. Mine isn't near this big yet, though I'm sure it won't be long. At first I was kind of creeped out by the little foot print through her belly, but you have to admit.... that it's pretty freakin' amazing that they

1.) caught it on camera and
2.) that we, as women, carry life inside of us.

I feel very lucky to carry this little boy.... and I'm even more excited to meet him!

1 comment:

Cherie said...

CONGRATS Kati. You knew it all along. Quincy will be a great big brother!