Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Happy Birthday Quincy!


I can't believe that little Quincy is 3 years old already! It's crazy how much has happened since he joined our family:
Tyler and I have both graduated from college and moved in with his parents temporarily. Tyler got a job working for Combined Insurance. I had 3 doctors through my pregnancy with Quincy. We moved into an apartment in west Boise where we celebrated his 1st birthday. Tyler got a calling as an Elder's Quorum teacher, then primary teacher. I got a calling as primary teacher than Activity days Leader. I started working on-call as a designer at the florist I interned with. Tyler's job took him out of town for weeks at a time at least once a month-- hated that! We planted our own little garden in the small space outside our front window. Tyler's job at Combined got crazier and eventually unbearable as the economy got worse. Tyler made the decision to quit his job-- scary. I started working full time at Edward's Florist. I got pregnant-- again, scary! Tyler job hunted like crazy. Celebrated Quincy's 2nd Birthday during the big move. Eventually ended up with two solid job offers. We moved from Idaho into my parents place while apartment hunting. Found a great place to live and moved in. Tyler got called to teach Elder's Quorum again. I lucked out in a calling for a while until recently I was asked to Activity days, again. Some things never change. We had Braxton..... and here we are once again celebrating the birth of our firstborn.
Another Birthday.
Life with Quincy has been interesting to say the least.

He is such a good boy. He's smart, kind, funny, energetic, imaginative, loving, curious, a great helper, and the cute. We are so happy to be his parents. We love having the privilege to watch him grow. This birthday was a fun one, since he's now old enough to know what to be able to look forward to. He requested a cupcake birthday cake this year-- which I thought wouldn't be too difficult, but really given the circumstances of not having a kitchen available proved to make it harder than I anticipated.

Regardless, he loved his cake (even though Tyler made fun of it) which made me feel good about the effort I put into making it.

Let me back up and say that we spent Quincy's birthday at my parent's house. We figured it would be easier for everyone to gather at their house rather than our little apartment. Also, the weather was supposed to be HOT and our little apartment, with no AC, would be much warmer than their cool basement. We decided this BEFORE we discovered that they were going to be enduring a major overhaul of their kitchen. Due to some water damage, their whole kitchen was basically unavailable to use. Luckily we planned on doing a casual BBQ for Quincy's birthday dinner, but as for the cake I had to get a little creative using the bathroom counter for decorating. It wasn't the most convenient in that respect, but overall we didn't let the lack of a kitchen spoil our birthday plans.
Quincy was so excited for his cake and presents. Since his birthday was on Sunday we told him that we'd open presents and have cake after their naps when church was done. Tyler thought this wasn't going to work, but I think it went well. When both the boys finished their naps we did presents.
Quincy got PLENTY of goodies this year!

*We got him a big wheels bike...which he was really excited to open. (Tyler loved putting it together ) LOL

* Grandma Rena sent some money which we used to get him some golf clubs.

* Nanny and Pappy got him a bunch of various bunny books.

* Grandma Teesy and Grandpa Kent sent a package with some treats, safari animals, some cool trucks and cars, and a slinky.

* Grammie and Grandpa Loren got him a big monster truck, a drum-- thanks guys, a kids laptop, and 3 movies.


We had lots of fun eating hot dogs, fresh fruit and veggies, chips, and drinks, not to mentiont that awesome cupcake birthday cake and icecream. :o) Quincy has had so much new stuff he's still excited about his new things and plays with them all daily. I wonder what this year's Christmas will be like.


Happy Birthday Quincy!

2 comments:

Lance and Becky said...

Happy Birthday Q!! He looks so grown up!!

Lindsey said...

Happy Birthday Quincy! I cannot believe he is 3 either...I still remember the days in Boise when we tried to bribe him with goldfish to come hang out with us at church.

I really wish that right now I could write something like, we should get together and play soon...we miss you guys!