Sunday, August 29, 2010

A day at the Temple

The middle of my three younger brothers, Scott, had the opportunity to receive his endowments this past Saturday. What a wonderful experience it was for us to be able to attend the temple with him.

I have been looking forward to this day for quite some time now-- seeing as how I'm the oldest of my siblings. There is just something about being in the temple with so many of your family members that's indescribable.
Tyler and I haven't been through the Portland, OR temple for an endowment session since I went through for my first time. It was very special to be able to go again to the place where only 4 years ago we were being sealed together. I often think about the members of our family that attended in the sealing with us and how wonderful it felt.
Then I ponder on whether our children were there in attendance of that special ordinance. I think that they were -- though we couldn't observe their presence. During the entire duration of the session on Saturday our boys were perfect inside the temple.
Quiet and respectful.
Perhaps this is something unheard of for little children, but I know that they can feel the spirit there.
I'm so proud of Scotty and his decision to go through the temple. I would hope that he will learn to gain a testimony of the importance of it in his life. It's hard to believe that he'll soon be gone for 2 years. We are excited about him going on a mission, but it's still weird to think that he won't be around for holidays and breaks. We wish him all the best during his mission experience.

Love you Scotty. Two years will fly by...

1 comment:

The Hammond Holler! said...

Hey Kati great pictures! It's good to see your family. You look great! The temple is one of my favorite places to be but haven't been in a while!? Seeing your pictures though is really motivating to get there again soon!