Thursday, September 16, 2010

Happy Birthday Tyler (Part Two - Labor Day WEEK)

Okay... so this post should have been like two weeks ago. Alas, our neighbor's Internet hasn't been working-- the Internet we sometimes 'borrow'. I've also been really busy with the boys lately.
Tyler had a great birthday. I made him a huge breakfast. Let him play XBOX all morning and afternoon. He watched two sports games on TV. Then I whipped up a fabulous lunch for the two of us while the boys took their naps. We did some quick errands, and then had his nice birthday dinner. I wanted to get Tyler something for his birthday, but he's so picky that I'm always hesitant to get him something he doesn't like. So I opted to make him a fancy smanchy dinner.
Tyler didn't want a birthday cake or ice cream and instead requested root beer floats for his dessert. I said he had to have something to put a candle on so I made Quincy and I some cupcakes. (And I know that this candle is gigantic, but it was the only one we had.)

Quincy made his dad a card... and he can even write his name now. He was quite proud of it.
For Tyler's Birthday dinner I made a Honey and BBQ glazed Salmon, Garlic smashed Potatoes, and fresh green beans sauteed in a light garlic and vinaigrette sauce.
It was very tasty!
We had some fancy drinks which was a blend of orange juice, pina colada mix, 7 UP, and raspberries. It sounds like a weird combination, but it was really yummy!
Tyler's Birthday cupcake. :)
And at Tyler's request: Root beer Floats for dessert!
All in all, we had a great day celebrating Tyler's 29th Birthday.
Happy Late Birthday Tyler-- we Love You!

No comments: