Thursday, September 16, 2010

Labor Day WEEK-end (Part One)

Our Labor Day Weekend was really more for like something of a Labor Day WEEK.
Tyler had Monday off for the holiday, of course, but took off the next four days as well. It was SO nice to have him home with us!
This was my best attempt at the end of our visit to get a shot of all the boys. Don't you love how Braxton's trying to escape out from the stroller?

While Tyler was home last week we were able to do some fun things together as a family. We went to the Portland Oregon Rose Gardens. I've been dying to go when the roses are actually in bloom. Tyler and I have been to the gardens a few times, when we were dating and engaged, but never in the day or during a season when all the roses are in bloom.
And I also love how in this picture both my boys are having trouble feigning interest in the trip. Braxton's not even looking and Quincy's prepped to run.
Lovely.
For some reason I think Braxton looks just like Tyler. Something about those eyes...
And here's Quincy's best try at a smile... Can you tell they are thrilled to be looking at flowers?
The gardens are absolutely beautiful! The pictures I took don't even do it justice!
Since it was pretty much nap time when we visited the Rose Gardens our trip was cut a little short, but we did manage to stop by Washington Park which is just down the street from the Rose Gardens. I've never been to this park and I have to say, I was truly impressed with the whole layout of the playground and it's unique and interesting equipment. If Quincy hadn't been so tired (and completely overwhelmed with everything) I think he would have LOVED it even MORE than he did.
After playing at the park we headed to Jack in the Box, which I know-- doesn't sound all that great, but for how HUNGRY we were and all the coupons we had for there-- turned out to be a delicious lunch! Oh, and I will say it was one of the first times that my burger actually looked like something from a commerical rather than something that fell out of a food court and was run over by a truck. I'll also mention the fact that there was excellent customer service and a very clean resturant! Nice!
When we were all stuffed from Jack in The Box we headed out to IKEA. This was probably the worst part of the day because it was MADNESS there! We kind of forgot it was mid afternoon on a Saturday AND Labor Day Weekend. We spent a good hour trying to work our way through the maze-like store, AND through the crazy crowds, AND making several trips to the obscure bathroom. It was horrible. By the time we got to the desk section-- which was the whole point of going-- I didn't even want to look. However, I will say that no matter how crazy IKEA might be, I LOVE just about everything in the entire store! And who couldn't love their prices?
Our last stop of the day was to a few more retail stores by IKEA. Tyler got some great slacks and dress shirts. I got two new tops, and the boys got a few new long sleeved shirts. All in all our Saturday was a success.

1 comment:

Teesy Howard said...

Braxton's looks have sure changed. I agree he does look like Tyler. Can't wait until we can come and see you guys.