Monday, September 30, 2013

It's the little things.... always the little things....

.....That make my job worth while. 
The other day it was super quiet and I was thinking about the worst possible scenario I would find upon discovering my kids. 
Instead I found them snuggled on Braxton's bed. 
Quincy was quietly reading Braxton the whole story of 'Big Max'.

It was in that mom-moment I found myself breathing a surprised sigh of relief and feeling reassured that all this day in day out work I'm putting forth will amount to something great. 

I mean, look at those sweet and innocent expressions on their faces...
Then there's THIS kid, who was dubbed the "happy baby", but who has now entered the curious stage of pre-toddlerhood. Zayden has developed a little bit of temper (screaming at his brother's when they take a toy he wants), having meltdowns on the kitchen floor (when I refuse to fill his sippy cup with juice and instead put water into it) and running away when we call him. However, he is still so darn cute and happy that it almost makes up for his naughty curiousness... almost. :) 
Sometimes it's the little things that make life worth living. 

1 comment:

Gage said...

So precious! Gosh, I love brothers!!! And Zayden's face is seriously deliciously cute!