Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Summer Catch Up

Wow. 

So much has happened over the past 4 months of summer it's hard to know where to begin.... 

Tyler and I celebrated our 8 year wedding anniversary.
 I'm so lucky to have found a man who pushes me to be my best. 
I'm also pretty lucky to have 3 wonderful little men in my life too.
 I hope they grow up to be just as great as their dad.
We potty trained Zayden. I sort of did it casually and took a more laid back approach (def not something I could have done with the other two, but he's the last kid and so I felt much more relaxed about it). He's been doing wonderful over the past 6 months and it's so great not to worry about diapers anymore!

Braxton learned to ride a bike without training wheels. It was far less traumatic than teaching Quincy to ride a bike. It took him probably five tries to get the hang of it. In fact he has gotten so big now that he's upgraded to Quincy's bike (not the bike pictured below) and Q got a bigger one. 
They are growing up so fast!
Quincy graduated kindergarten. I know it's crazy how fast the school year went. 
I only got choked up a little during his graduation when they sang some songs. 
Last day of school for Kindergarten. 
I love that he's so eager to learn. 
He did so well in school last year and loves being in his 1st/ 2nd grade split this year. 
His teacher is Mrs. Stowe.
 He is such a worker and loves being able to be challenged doing 2nd grade level work.
 Love my little smarty pants. 
Coming home from his first day of 1st grade. 
We finally went berry picking (strawberries).
They were so yummy especially at a dollar a pound!
I'm pretty sure that Zayden was our designated berry eater. 
He didn't contribute much to the bucket. ;) 



We had a family camp out at Timothy Lake (near Mt. Hood)
 The weather was gorgeous!
My cute boys. 
Quincy and Braxton took swim lessons and did fabulously at building confidence in the water and learning new skills that will help them become swimmers. 
We rode the ariel tram from OSHU.... it was something else on our family bucket list for 2014.
The older two boys loved it more than Z, who was little bit nervous about going up so high. 
We made a bittersweet trip to Idaho to attend Grandpa Howard's funeral service and see family. I'm so thankful for the peace the gospel brings. It was a great service and we were able to visit with lots of family we hadn't seen in a long time. 
The boys got to enjoy an extra week and a half with Grandpa Kent and Grandma Teesy while Tyler and I left for Mexico. I'm not quite sure who had more fun.
 Zayden finally overcame his fear of the dogs. He made friends with Charlie and Taio. Braxton loved helping Grandpa Kent on the farm and he even touched a bull's horn. He's quite proud about it still. And Quincy was a great helper for grandma and grandpa while mom and dad were gone. They had so much fun and were very upset about leaving. They insisted when they get bigger that they be able to go back to the farm each year and that they want to actually move pipe with grandpa Kent.  




Tyler and Kati took the trip of a lifetime with the Lindquist side of the family.
We loved every bit of Mexico, except probably minus a little bit of the humidity. ;)  
Wish we could visit again sooner! 



















Quincy celebrated a 7th birthday with a request of "grasshopper" ice cream cake (mint chocolate chip) and Tyler celebrated his 33rd birthday and requested that I surprise him (I made a brownie and oreo cookies and cream cake. :) Tyler also got to play a round of golf and had the day off. Not a bad way to spend your special day!  


All in all we have had a very busy summer filled with lots of trips, special family time, many adventures with our boy squad and lots of wonderful memories.
 Hope your summer was as fabulous as ours was. 


No comments: