Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter

This year we had a pretty casual Easter. No huge festivities. Tyler had to work Saturday morning so our boys didn't go to any of the Egg hunts that are usually hosted locally in the area. Instead, they went to our neighbors backyard and hunted for eggs in the rain. 

(What do you expect when we live in the PNW?) 

They could have cared less. 
What they were more interested in were the plastic eggs hidden in the yard. 
Our sweet neighbors took not only the time to fill the eggs and hide them, but they even made them some Easter buckets which contained cool items like chalk, puzzles, plastic digging toys, bubbles, books and some treats. It was way more than they should have done, but we are always gracious in accepting their gifts, as I believe it brings them as much joy and happiness as it does for my boys. 

Did I also mention the eggs they hunted for in their backyard had change and dollars in them?? 
My boys were in heaven. 
Seriously. 
After Tyler came home from work I ran to get some last minute Easter dinner items.... CRAZY!!!!

 What was I thinking going to Winco on the day before a holiday. 

It was utter madness! 
We went to some friends' house for a BBQ later and had a blast getting to know them better and our boys had a good time taking over their sons toys. :)
 We can't wait to hang out again. 

Sunday the Easter Bunny didn't disappoint, he brought each boy a new coloring book, some sticker books, B got a new puzzle, and Z got a rubber football. And course who could forget the candy? They were pretty happy about this. The Easter Bunny was smart this year and hid only 5-6 eggs for each kid. He also told us which color egg belonged to who. This made for smoother egg hunting prior to church. Zayden was thrilled with his "EEEgs". He loved finding the candy inside and then shoving in his mouth faster than we could tell him to stop. 


After a quick egg hunt and scoping out their Easter baskets, we rushed everyone into the shower and got ready for church.It wouldn't be a Howard Family Easter picture is there wasn't one child crying, right? This Easter it was Q, who was having a particularly difficult day because of his stubborn nature. 
We attended a lovely Easter Sunday Service and the boys were happy to bring little Easter treats to their primary classmates.
(We made these little cards which inside said: Thumbunny wants to wish you a Hoppy Easter) 
Attached was a little baggy filled with jelly beans.

 I opted out of having Z bring something as I figured the Nursery leaders would kill me if I sent candy to their large group of mini monsters. :) 
(from last weekend in Vancouver at my parents' house
We decided last minute to have the Elders over for Easter dinner. 

(Like during Sacrament mtg since no one had signed up to feed them-- insert sad face)

 Luckily for them I had bought enough food to feed us all (without knowing) and we enjoyed the traditional  Easter feast: ham, homemade scalloped potatoes, steamed asparagus, a mixed green salad, rolls, and deviled eggs.

 They gave (or attempted to) a short message to our boys (which was a disaster) and if I could have died of embarrassment over my children's behavior I surely would have right then. Everything naughty a child could do they were doing...and then some. I'm sure it was nothing big to the Elders, but I was mortified with my boys' behavior during their message. 
Oh well, what can you do? 

All in all, we had a wonderful Easter weekend and are so thankful that because of our Savior's love for us we can be together Forever! 

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Oh my word. Your family is the cutest!! I love how you decorated your eggs. We're totally doing that next year.

Unknown said...

What a weekend! You are doing such a great job with those boys Kati! They are such handsome little guys!