Monday, April 14, 2014

28... and Feeling Great

This year I was almost positive that my birthday was going to be somewhat of a doozy. I mean, there's nothing particularly special about 28, right? And to add to the list my birthday fell on a Wednesday. Middle of the week. And rounding everything off was the fact that it happened the be Quincy's off-Wednesday from school. Yea! More kids home, more housework, no babysitters available because it's YW night.... 
yea... I wasn't to thrilled about all that. 
Nevertheless I was trying to be positive. 

I got up and make  Lemon Blueberry Muffins... which I botched up since I forgot to melt the butter BEFORE adding it to make the struessel  mixture. So my crumbly sugar top didn't turn out crumbly since I melted it with the sugar. 
Duh Kati!
 Ah well. 
They still tasted great even if they weren't picture worthy....
....Which I took a picture anyways.
My day was seemingly BLAH until Tyler called to tell me he was coming home early. 
That's when my semi-frown was turned upside down. It was a rather beautiful day, so I didn't have anything to complain about in that department. Since Tyler got off early in the afternoon we decided to have an early dinner. Since it was my special day I decided to pick Thai food. I chose a restaurant near us (which was new) and we headed out to eat.

Why is it every time we choose an Asain restaurant to eat in that they're closed during the time we want to eat? 
Ugh. 
However, they did open fifteen minutes later and so we took the kids to a nearby park and let them run. 

It was sunny. 

It was warm.

It was a great way to spend time with all my boys. 



Less than an hour later we were eating some yummy Thai food. I got the Pork Pad Kee Mao which is delicious and just the right blend of spicy and sweet. Tyler got his usual Pad Thai and the boys split some Pad Thai too. They also tried some salad rolls with peanut sauce and liked them. I like that they were willing to try some new food. 

After we finished dinner we walked across the street for frozen yogurt. 
It was the perfect ending to my day and I felt special and loved and well taken care of. 
I'm so grateful for boys who know how to surprise me when I need it the most. 


No comments: