Sunday, October 26, 2008

Washington Continued......

Friday:

Friday consisted of mostly just lounging around, which was nice after our fun-filled day of shopping the day before. We went to my old high school to watch a football game. It's funny how your perspective changes as you grow. I remember being in Elementary school and thinking that high school kids looked SO big, now returning after being graduated for 4 years my perspective has changed, now the kids look so young and small. Granted that most of the boys could've easily towered over me, they looked very little. It was really fun to see my old school and a few familiar faces.


Here's our family photo before the boys ran off to be in the "cool" senior section and with their "cool" friends.

Of course my parents couldn't get enough of little Quincy. Doesn't he look cute all bundled up in his fall sweater, beanie, and mittens?

So 'back in the day' I was a cheerleader. A darn good one, if you ask me or most anyone who knew me then...
My old cheerleading coach STILL coaches, it seems we never had a consistent cheer coach, but Bethany has apparently stuck around for the long run. I also ran into a few girls who were on varsity with me while I used to cheer. They were all a few grades younger than I though.
From left to right: Bethany, our coach, Quincy and I, Nicole Hansen, Kalen Olsen, and Katie Hansen. I have some fond memories with these girls.
This is the new varsity cheerleading squad. I know only one of them.... Abbie Pickett-- who is holding Quincy. Abbie did a great job at the game. Although I was a little sad they didn't do any stunting.

Quincy was so popular he even was rubbing shoulders with the 'spirit king'..... a tradition that my graduating class council started.

Here he is in the senior section.... doesn't he look really spirited?

Who's number one? CR Chiefs!

Of course, River one the game, I didn't get the final score because we left after the 3rd quarter ended. It was so much fun to see a few familiar faces and relive those nostalgic memories.

Quincy and Grammie, this was before he fell asleep. Who would've thought it possible that a little baby could sleep through a loud football game and in cold weather amongst a loud band playing fight songs?

Later after the game, I was able to hang out with another former cheerleader and close friend, Courtney Wack. Courtney and I, besides having lots of classes together were also on Student Government and she was our class president. Courtney's so sweet and it was really fun to catch up with her and relive some of the funny high school moments.
.............................To Be continued..........................

No comments: