Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Rachael Ray is Slacking

Since I worked last weekend and had that really fun scare with loosing my wedding rings I have to say I've been slacking in the cooking department. I told Tyler after I finished working the grand re-open weekend I'd be back to my old self and cook him a dinner that didn't require a microwave. Since we don't have any red meat I decided to go "fancy" and do a more of a comfort dinner. I cooked the works. Pan fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, and stuffing (I know some people can only have stuffing during the holidays, but I love it almost any time of the year) and steamed green beans. It was pretty yummy and I think Tyler was grateful for a real dinner for once. Plus, after we had some delicious left overs for the next night. Funny how as a kid I hated left overs, but as a mother I love them. I guess I understand how my mom felt-- relieved not to have to come up with something for dinner and then cook it.
Don't you love these "vintage" dinner plates? Tyler's parents gave them to us after we got married and I have to say I've been grateful to have them, but the gold pattern around the edge just gives me a flashback of the very same ones my parents used to have, and I'm sure got for their wedding.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

haha. we have those plates at my house too.

Wii are the Nelsons said...

that looks yummy! I'm like you, I could have stuffing any time.

lindquist said...

Please fry some chicken up for us when you visit! It looks like Thanksgiving, for sure.

PS - Too bad we got rid of those plates. Back then they were outa style. Now they're "vintage". Nice...!