Sunday, October 5, 2008

Tribute to the "perfect" wife:

I just wanted to give myself credit, since Tyler's not one to blog. I spent some of yesterday afternoon coming up with our meal plan for the month. I decided on what we're eating for dinner each night for the next month... though I have to say, it made it easier for me that we'll both be gone for a week. I had a friend up at school who was so on top of this with her family. She would write down on a calender what they were going to have for every meal. In fact, she's the one who suggested I subscribe to the Kraft Kitchen magazines, which have great ideas for meals and also include nutrition information, PLUS they are free! I am so glad I took her advice. Tonight we are having Chicken Bruschetta. I will be sure to post a picture if it turns out looking okay. I have received lots of great ideas for dinners from the Kraft food magazines, the Mormon mom recipe books, and of course from my dear Nanny. She's quite the cook.... that Nanny. I'm so glad my mom instilled in me the talent for baking... I attribute all my baking skills to her. It's always been easier for me to come up with something for dessert rather than decide on something for dinner.

I feel so accomplished, and relieved at the same time now that we have already mapped out what were eating for the night. I don't' have to decide any more what we're going to eat and then panic because it's 6:30PM and the meat isn't defrosted. I especially hate coming home from work and making these decisions. I have to say, even Tyler was impressed with this idea. At first he thought I was going to have all these special meals, with special ingredients and end up costing us a fortune. But I'm smarter than that, every meal I planned for this month is different than the one the night before --excluding the next night's meal plan of leftovers-- AND all the meals are mixed up recipes for things we always have stocked in our cupboards.

Now, if I were REALLY on top of things, I would also plan out our lunches.... but so far, dinner is all I can handle.


******Oh and as a side note, I have to pay some tribute to my "perfect" husband and publicly thank him for cleaning the entire house on Friday before I came home from work. He hardly ever does this, I mean goes on cleaning sprees, but it was so nice to walk into our home and see freshly vacuumed floors and clean kitchen counters. I love him.

****** Oh and as another side note, Quincy's been doing some cute things. He has really taken to patting Tyler's head and softly rubbing my hair. We have to use caution while he's doing this, because if we don't give him the right positive encouragement he gets a little violent. He also has taken a liking to riding Tyler like a horse. If Tyler's on the floor Quincy will plop himself down on his legs and bounce up and down like he's trotting on a pony. He also likes to do this while Tyler's laying on the floor on his stomach. He laughs pretty hard as if to say... "Keep going dad, this is fun!"

Tyler's also been taking him for piggy back rides, Quincy's just barely grasping the concept that he has to hold on tight enough or he'll fall off when Tyler's walking around on hands and knees. He giggles really hard while Tyler makes silly noises and pretends he's a horse'y'. Quincy's appetite is getting better. Tyler's been a little more easily frustrated with feeding him, but I think that's because he's been spending those 2 days a week with him by himself.

Quincy's also taken to grabbing the broom and "sweeping". Oh and the last couple of days he's felt the impulse to crawl around instead of walk. In fact, while we were watching this morning's session of conference Quincy proceeded to crawl around the living room. Tyler and I speculated what he was doing and Tyler suggested maybe he was pretending to crawl through a jungle or something. I think he's just approaching the age where he's realizing he's not a baby and occasionally he likes to revert to those crawling days and mix things up. He also likes to stand on his feet with his head on the ground and check out how things look upside down.

He's quite the little character, growing up so fast. Hard to believe we'll be approaching nursery time 4 months! Oh, and he got a haircut. It turned out pretty good. My camera's batteries are charging so I don't have pictures to post yet, but I will soon. Sorry this is so much longer than I anticipated.

Hope all of you enjoyed conference as much as I did. I loved President Monson's talk. I find it difficult to live in the moment, especially when I'm in "mom mode"... but after his counsel I'm going to do my best to do that. I know Quincy won't say little forever, and so I'll love him and enjoy him as much as possible right NOW.

2 comments:

Cherie said...

Maybe you should help us all out and post your monthly calendar. My brain could use a little less thinking about food! ;)

BTW I have to tell you about my lost ring (I decided it wasn't worth blogging about because I was too upset). When I went on vacation to Vancouver I forgot my wedding ring (I take it off at night because it bothers me). When I got home I couldn't find it ANYWHERE. I prayed and even fasted (not supposed to when you're nursing still, but I was desperate). Finally after two weeks of desperate searching and prayers I called Keith at work in tears and tried to explain to him that i had lost my wedding ring amidst my sobs. He got really quiet and told me I was going to kill him, then admitted that he had put it in a safe place so it wouldn't get stolen. He had to literally tell me over 5 times where it was hidden because my brain was in shock with relief that it wasn't missing and in reality was hiding. Whew! I understand the desperation that comes from a lost wedding ring, and I too believe in miracles (although mine was definitely not a miracle...)! I'm glad you found it. I'm sorry this is so long.

Jennifer P. said...

i hear ya about no "what are we going to eat?" planning! Sooooo freeing! And a clean house? That deserves a special dessert :)