Monday, January 26, 2009

Oh What a Night

On Friday Tyler's parents asked if we would like to go out to dinner with them. Of course, we said yes. At 6:30PM we headed out to:

Cracker Barrel.

I had never even heard of this place before and I didn't even know where one was, but I wasn't about to say no to going out to dinner on a Friday night!

It was pretty good.... most of the food is comfort, home style cooking like this:

Tyler order some cod fillets, I got a big chef salad, Quincy had a hamburger and fries, Teesy ordered some meat patty thing with country gravy and grits (I had never tasted grits before, and I have to say I always imagined grits would look something like a dog would eat... but in reality they looked similar and tasted similar to rice), while Kent got the breakfast sampler. Everything was good... it reminded me of going to my Grandma Rena's house. She always cooked food like that.

After we were all stuffed full of home style cooking we headed back home. On the way out of Cracker Barrel Quincy saw these toys for cats. One was a ferret and the other was a mouse which moved around. He was mesmerized.

All in all, it was a nice night. Although Kent and Teesy had to head back home.... we were glad we could go out with them. Thanks for dinner guys! Quincy always loves to put on a show when they, or anyone else, comes around.

And as a side note.... don't you love the Mohawk. His hair is getting long, as is Tyler's, but I've just been putting off cutting their hair because I haven't been up to the task. Thus, the Mohawk!

No comments: