Sunday, November 15, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Yes, yes, I realize some of you reading this are thinking: "What about Thanksgiving?"

BUT...

Since we won't be spending Christmas here in Oregon, and seeing as how I actually HAVE Christmas decorations this year, I thought I'd start a little early. Even Tyler, who gave me a hard time at first, has admitted that it all looks nice and cozy. And it does!

Last year we spent Christmas with my family, in fact I remember the drive there quite vividly... seeing as how we spent it in a **blizzard**! Luckily we made it safe and sound. We were able to spend a wonderful break with my family, despite everything being covered in snow. Practically everything shuts down here when it snows and since there were a few feet on the ground it made it difficult to get out.

Anyway, my parents gift to us last year was getting us started with some Christmas decorations. Anyone who knows my mom, knows that she loves Christmas decorations! After Christmas when everything went on sale we stocked up. We found some killer deals including boxes of 100 white Christmas tree lights for .10 cents a piece! I have decided to do all my seasonal decoration shopping this way.... when it's all 75% off. :)

Every year we rotate holidays with our families. This way we get to spend one of the major two holidays with each family. It has worked out great that Tyler's siblings, the ones who are married, are also on the same rotation for holidays as we are. It's so nice to see all of them at LEAST once a year.

This Christmas we'll be driving to Idaho. I keep hoping and praying we won't have to deal with bad weather again. To be honest, I'm kinda nervous in general about making the drive to Idaho. Last year, Tyler had a really flexible schedule and could pretty much determine his own work hours. This was nice since we had to pick and choose which day would be best to travel in.... we didn't have any pressure for him to get back. Since he's working for Key Bank now, he does have all holidays off, but it would be terrible if we weren't able to get back and he had to use his days off. I will also be 7 1/2 months pregnant in a car for 6-9 hours and you all know that pregnancies + long drives do not = the best of circumstances for traveling.

Oh and did I mention how much fun it is trying to 'entertain' a 2 year old when they have to be strapped into a car seat? It's all very lovely! I think we'll pick a couple of movies to take, last time that worked pretty well.

So.......bottom line.... praying for good weather.
I already know we'll have a blast when we actually get there.


And here's a little Christmas preview of what our home looks like:

Our Christmas tree.

I tried to take a few pictures with the lights off so you could see it all lit up at night, but unfortunately my camera doesn't have any settings to get a great picture. This is as good as it gets.

Quincy and I spent an afternoon cutting out snowflakes.... mostly it was me doing the cutting, but he instructed me on what shapes to cut out and helped with the gluing and taping on the windows.

One of my favorite things about our new apartment is our fireplace. I love that we have a mantel and place where our stockings can hang.

More snowflakes.

Again, one more attempt at trying to get a shot with the lights out.

Quincy and I.
Yes, I know I've been neglecting to put up any 'pregnancy' pictures of me. I feel huge and quite frankly I'm not in the mood to see myself like this. It's oh-so-depressing when none of your cute clothes fit you. Luckily, Tyler has been able to take me shopping a few times to get some much needed apparel. So here's one of me and my boy(s). Enjoy! :) Oh and tomorrow I go in for another Dr. appt.... so I'll let you know if there's anything exciting. Probably just shots and that yucky glucose test. Blah!

And just one more pic. of Tyler and I.
He seems to get so much satisfaction out of taking pictures of me that I thought I'd include one of him.

Merry Early Christmas Everyone!

1 comment:

The Higbee Family said...

Hey Howard Family! I found your blog on the Durrant's and just wanted to wish you good luck. I can't remember when you are due Kati, but you look great. Sounds like you guys are enjoying life. I love the decorations! Safe travel for the Holiday. (I'm getting that Christmas itch too! I love it.)
Jen Higbee