Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving Week in a Nutshell....

The beginning of our Thanksgiving holiday started with surprise..... for Grammie, that is.

My sister and her family were originally going to fly into Portland early Wednesday morning and leave Friday afternoon. I talked to my dad on the phone Monday afternoon to find out that they changed their plans to drive up late Monday night and get into Vancouver early Tuesday morning. We all knew about it and did what we could to keep my mom from finding out.

They got to Vancouver about 7:00AM and really confused my mom when they plopped onto her bed. She heard my sister Emy say, "Is that Grammie?" My mom's first thought was that it was Quincy and I, but she was confused as to why we would be at her house that early. Finally she realized it wasn't MY voice, but EMY'S voice. She was so happy.

This is my sister's family...or the Robledo Family: Gilbert (Gil), Emy, Lexi, and Evangiline (Evie).

This year for Thanksgiving we sure had a full house! Not only were all of MY siblings and THEIR families here...but my Grandma came, in addition to my Dad's sisters' family. All in all our numbers for dinner were up to 20 people. Mom had to do some re-configuring to be able to fit everyone into the tight dining room quarters. In fact she had to expand the dining room into her living room. It all seemed to work out though.

Since all the kids will be away for the Christmas holiday she decided to use the nice Christmas china for Thanksgiving. I must say, it did look very festive!

After everyone was full from eating a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner.... we did exactly what you end up doing when everyone gets together, taking group photos of everyone.

Here's Great-Nanny with the little grand BABIES. I couldn't believe how big Quincy's cousin Lexi is. She is 9 months now and wearing a size 6 1/2 shoe and some 2T clothes. Just to give you better perspective on those stats, Quincy's 27 months old and wearing a size 8 shoe and 3T clothes. Lexi's quite the little match for Quincy....

This is Quincy's other cousin from my side of the family, Evie. It's funny to think that Evie is my step-niece when she's already a senior in high school, and older than Karter--my youngest brother! Evie is the sweetest girl. Not only is she is beautiful inside and out, but she's great at playing with the little kids. We are so glad she could come up to meet the family.

It's really crazy to think that the last time I saw Emy was the first time I had ever met her, not only that, but I was newly married, living in Boise, and still going to school.... it's amazing how much has happened since then!

Look, now we're both married and we have got 2 1/2 little ones on our hands. Man, I'm REALLY starting to look preggo right now! Uggg.... I can't wait to get this little guy out! He kicks like crazy. Tyler and I might make small to average size children, but boy are they healthy and strong. Pipa kicks and moves constantly, sometimes so much that I feel like my insides are bruised. It will be so nice to hold him in my arms and see him. Quincy can't wait either. He had SO much fun visiting with his cousin, Lexi. He can't wait to do fun things with a new little brother.

It was such a wonderful Thanksgiving this year, thanks Mom and Dad for everything! And thanks Emy and Gil for being able to share in all of it. It was great to see you guys. Hopefully we'll be able to see you more often.

1 comment:

Wii are the Nelsons said...

how fun! You look beautiful by the way!