Friday, January 8, 2010

The Joys of Being Quincy's Mom

We are very far behind on our blogging in the Howard home, no thanks to me....
I have been neglecting our poor little "family journal" for quite some time now. So, let me catch you all up to speed on what we've been doing.
One of my favorite parts about being Quincy's mom is when he shows interest in doing things I enjoy doing, like cooking. He loves to "help" in the kitchen.... though he's not always quite as helpful as he thinks he's being.

I'll still give him credit for trying though....
A couple of weeks ago I came up with an idea to use the extra fabric leftover from a previous project I had for "art work" on Quincy's bedroom wall. Quincy decided to make use of my fabric scraps in a creative way also..... he and his bears became..............NINJAS!
Being Quincy's Mom always keeps me on my toes. He constantly wants me to play with him. We usually end up playing with the same toys ALL day long. Quincy seems perfectly content to play with the same toys over and over again, but I don't have the same particular feelings about doing this.
Thus I have tried to come up with creative ways to play with the same toys. We decided one day instead of just building houses and garages with his mega blocks to sort out the colors....
After we built all the garages (for his cars) out of separated colors we discovered that there was a little discrimination on the green blocks.....
When he got tired of parking his cars in the colored garages, we decided that the zoo animals needed to come out......
There's one thing that will never change about being Quincy's Mom and that's knowing that he takes great pride in all of his accomplishments, whether big or small.
The one downside to sorting the blocks by color is that he insisted we do this each day after we did it the first time. I was afraid that I might have created an OCD 2 year toddler!
Luckily he moved on to bigger and better things....... like watching cartoons on Youtube via Dad's i-phone.

While Tyler and I packed our things for the Christmas holiday this is how our little boy spent the remaining hours before bedtime....

Does anyone else think it's crazy that our 2 year old is able to watch cartoons from when we were kids on a phone? We didn't even know what cell phones were when we were children.... oh wait, that's because they didn't HAVE them.
It's crazy how kids are so in tune with technology these days, rest assured Santa didn't bring this little boy a cell phone for Christmas. :)

No comments: