Friday, January 8, 2010

Our little Sick Pig

The night before we left Idaho Quincy woke up at 1:00AM throwing up chili.
It was SO gross.... and it will be a long time before I work up the nerve to eat chili again.
He managed to throw up on everything.... and I spent a good half hour at 1:30AM trying to de-stink all the floors and linens that were contaminated by the remainders of Quincy's chili. I also had the pleasure of scooping everything up with my hands because it was so thick and throwing in the trash or toilet, which ever happened to be closer, as I fought back the urge to vomit myself.
Needless to say, Quincy was one sick pig. He didn't feel well at all and we noticed that the next day on our ride home he was unusually quiet and calm.
We thought the worst of it was over at Tyler's parent's house, but OH NO! He threw up the next night in our apartment at 2:00AM. This time it was chicken nuggets which he had from dinner at Burger King on our drive home. Again, I managed to hold back anything from coming up.
Anyone who knows Tyler well, knows he has a weak stomach. Now, imagine me..... 8 months pregnant scooping vomit off the floors and bedding in my son's room, while Tyler's in the bathroom telling me he can't handle it.
At our house, Quincy sleeps with a little bear and that night's episode of vomiting didn't spare poor baby bear. He was covered in barf.... it was so disgusting and I thought we might have to throw him out.
I instructed Tyler to shower him off as much as he could in the bathtub and I would try and see what the washer could do for little baby bear. As I threw Quincy's throw up bedding into the washer and put on clean bedding for him to go back to sleep in..... this is what I saw while passing the bathroom:
I couldn't help but laugh.... because at 3:00AM in the morning I was witnessing a stick up involving a barfed on baby bear, my husband, and a Fabreeze bottle. Even looking at the picture now makes me laugh!

You would have thought this poor little bear had it bad when he was barfed on, but then Tyler drowned him in the bathtub and squirted him in the face with a Fabreeze bottle repeatedly.
And do you know what?
He couldn't look or smell better today.
Luckily we are all over the flu bug that Quincy had..........I wish it on NONE of you!!

4 comments:

The Higbee Family said...

Poor Quincy...I totally understand as Kathryn had her own horrible vomiting session. Her's didn't last quite as long. Hope he is feeling better now!

Wii are the Nelsons said...

sorry that he's sick...wow how are you doing that being 8-9 months pregnant....boy is it tough being a mom.
Good tip on the teddy bear because I'm sure that will happen to us someday.

Haley said...

I'm glad you guys are all doing better!...that flu sounded more eventful than one would like...you're a trooper! ;)

It was fun catching up on your Christmas and the other winter happenings of your cute family!! Hope the last bit of your pregnancy is going great...when are you due again?? Your little Pipa will be here soon :)

Kati Howard said...

Thanks Haley!

We have 14 days and counting. I have been meaning to put up a new post about our current pregnancy conditions, but have yet to get around to it. Maybe I'll manage before little Braxton, that's what we're naming him, gets here. :)

Congrats to you guys on your little one. When is your due date?