Tuesday, July 16, 2013

What summer is all about...

Can I just say how much I *love* summer? I do. I mean, the PNW is beautiful any time of year, but after nine months of Mother Nature watering our beautiful area it's never more stunning than in summer. My boys have absolutely thrived off having a yard to play in and taking part in the usual summer standbys this year. 

Z tried some corn on the cob for the first time, and loved it.
 But of course he loved his banana Popsicle even more. 


And who doesn't love free Slurpee day at 7-Eleven? 
Nothing like a cool treat to cool you off from the summer heat. 

Can I just say how much I love this picture, nothing better than when my boys are SHARING. 


I also love Saturday mornings when Tyler's home and we all get to eat breakfast together. 
And speaking of eating, these boys can pack away the food. 
Would you have guessed that it takes 24 pancakes to feed everyone?
 It's nuts. 
I mean they can each eat as many pancakes as *I* do. 
Oh I can only imagine when they're teenagers.... 


When dad's home we also have fun doing the simplest of things like: grocery shopping. 
Tyler's fun like that, he pushes around these obnoxious carts and does silly things like nearly driving them into the shelves on the aisles while saying, 'Hey you guys need to turn! Hurry turn the wheel, you're going to crash.' 
Oh how the giggling and laughing follows his silly antics.

We are still working on being discreet about making changes into swimwear.... 
This is what my boys have been living in each week: 
And what would summer be without good juicy watermelon? 
One of the best parts of summer, in this momma's opinion is that my boys wear themselves out by running the yard and playing that the end of the day results in something like this: 
The creativity juices are flowing.
Z loves our little neighbors John Deer Tractor and seizes it any opportunity to "borrow" it. 
Q loves going to the driving range with dad on Father-son "Dates". 
Oh yeah, didn't I say something about Popsicles somewhere? Yeah. My boys LOVE them. 


My most favorite boys in the whole world. They are pretty cute, Popsicle mess and all.... 
Oh, how I love summer.... I hope it sticks around a while longer! 

1 comment:

Whitney said...

We also had slurpees on free slurpee day. Can't miss that. By the way, your boys are darling!!