Friday, November 1, 2013

Quincy's First Field Trip

The Friday before Halloween Quincy had his first field trip. 

His class went to Bushue Family Farms Pumpkin Patch. 

I volunteered to help chaperone while my friend watched the little boys. It was interesting to see Quincy in his classroom. Watch him interact with friends. Observe him showing off a little or talking like the class's social butterfly. I have no qualms about my oldest child in school whatsoever. I do, however, remind him to be kind to everyone and be a good example. All of which I think he does pretty well-- at least while I'm there to see it. 

I also signed up to ride the bus with the class. Oh my goodness... two kindergarten classes, about 60 kids with approximately 10 adults... It was a little crazy. The kids were bouncing up and down in their seats and chatting to each other excitedly about their anticipation for the field trip. 

I will note that it wasn't one of the perfect weather days we had been enjoying all week prior, but the little bit of misty rain wasn't so bad. The kids got to pick out a pumpkin and small gourd, take a hay ride, walk through a small corn maze, make a dirt baby (home made chia pet sort of craft) and see some farm animals. It was a lot to accomplish in 2 hours. 

I was exhausted by the time it was over and all the kids had a lot of fun. 











The dirt babies-- his is just starting to grow hair. 



No comments: