Monday, December 30, 2013

Last two days in Idaho

After all the sisters and their families left it was pretty dang quiet, well except for my noisy boys. It was great to get to spend a little more time with Derek and Kim, though. We also got to make a couple of visits over to Great Grandma and Grandpa Howard's house. They were sure happy to see us and we gave them our little snowman gift. Grandma Howard seemed to be not doing so great that day, but she was cheerful enough, as her usual self. I told her we wanted to take a picture of them and the boys, seeing as how I never take one, and she did complain briefly that her hair was looking bad and she'd rather not. It makes me smile to know that such a woman at 89 years young can still worry about having a bad hair day. Ha! 

The older boys had fun making trips outside with Grandpa Kent and helping him feed the cows and do some of his farm work. They threw frozen snowballs at each other, took trips on the fourwheeler and motorcycle, and soaked in some good ole fashioned rough housing with all the willing relatives who would participate. Poor Teesy was feeling a little under the weather, but managed to feed us all well the remaining two days we were there. 

On Friday we took a trip to Boise to visit our college friends, the Bankhead's. They recently bought a house and their kids are getting so grown up. Our boys had fun playing with Hudson and Elle showed us a great magic trick and even made me a bracelet. So sweet! It was a short visit, but as usual the time flies when you're catching up with great friends. We can't wait to meet their newest addition, soon to arrive next month. We are so lucky to have a good friendship with their family despite the distance between us. After visiting we made a pit stop for lunch at Cafe Rio, where our children hurried us back home because they were VERY tired. 

Saturday called for our trip home. We didn't leave until 3:00, which gave us plenty of time to load the car, say our goodbyes, eat some food, pack snacks, and make a few rounds around the house to make sure we didn't forget anything (which I did, my face wash... but it's easily replaced, so no big deal). Our boys were sad to leave and the grandparents were too. It seems our visits never are long enough. 

Who knows, maybe we'll get to see them sooner rather than later.
 Thanks for such a wonderful time Kent and Teesy, we are thankful for everything you guys did! 

No comments: