Friday, September 11, 2009

Oh what a glorious morning......

Last Thursday morning Quincy and I got up with Tyler to drive him to his work. Because we only have one car we decided we would drop him off in Damascus and spend the day at Johnathon and Spencer's condo in West Linn, OR.
After dropping Tyler off at work Quincy and I made the 15 minute drive to the condo.
Everything was going along just fine, and I knew we were getting close, when all of the sudden Quincy said, "Mama, my tummy hurt." I happened to tilt the rear view mirror back just in time to witness Quincy vomit all over himself.... not just one time, but 5 or 6 times. Because I was driving and we were on a highway I couldn't stop, plus there was nothing I could do even if we were to have stopped. So I tried to comfort him by saying, we're almost there!
(Which we were, just minutes away.)


When we pulled into the parking lot I called Spencer, who was inside, and asked him to bring out some towels or wash rags to help clean up. Quincy had scarfed down a whole banana and a full sippy cup of milk before we left. Obviously they didn't sit well with him. So the contents of the puke were chunky banana pieces and runny milk. It was SSSSSOOOOO gross! I had to keep myself from vomiting on the spot as a scraped out handfuls of puke from the back of our car seat.
Needless to say it has been quite the task trying to get that smell out of our car, but I think we've done a pretty good job. I took a few pictures, but not of the real initial damage, you will thank me, just to commemorate that glorious morning.
This picture he was saying, "My binky dirty."
This is after I scraped off the big chunks of puke.
Because Spencer and Johnathon have a washer dryer we were able to bathe Quincy and wash his clothes, since they were the only pair I brought. Here he is with Uncle Spencer watching cartoons. I figured he deserved it after that rough morning.
In heaven, sucking on his binky and watching cartoons, while snuggled in a fluffy warm towel.

2 comments:

Katie Stacey said...

Yuck! Vomit has been the hardest thing for me to deal with in motherhood...especially while I'm pregnant. I'm sorry you had to clean that up while pregnant. I usually just throw up right along with Savannah when she throws up! Haha. I hope Quincy is feeling better!

Shera said...

so sad! That is the worst. I hope he is feeling better.