Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Happy Mother's Day


By the time that Mother's Day came around we were back home... My gift from Tyler were some potted flower planter boxes for our outdoor patio. It is in desperate need of some color out there. And for some time I have been asking Tyler if I could get some, as one of my greatest loves is gardening. (It's one reason I can't WAIT to have a garden of my own when we own a house someday.) I think I'd spend every minute outside gardening, or at the very least enjoying a little Vitamin D...

Quincy even gave me a gift! Another thoughtful one... a bookmark with his picture on it, a painted flower made from his fingerprints, and a little stamp that says: 'Of all the Mother's, I'd pick you!' It was such a sweet surprise to get it from him, as I had no idea they were working on it in nursery. His teacher in nursery is the bishop's wife and she is quite on top of things in there! I love my book mark and have put it to good use with the last few books I've borrowed from the library.

We had dinner with my parents at their house... which was delicious. I helped my mom plant some of her Mother's Day flowers in her outdoor deck pots and somehow managed to get stung by a wasp twice! TWICE! It hurt REALLY bad... and even though it's been a week since it happened I still have the marks on my leg where it occurred. Ah well, you win some, you lose some (at least when it comes to fights with a wasp, though I might add I did nothing whatsoever to provoke it!!)

Overall it was a wonderful Mother's Day! I am so lucky to be a Mom.

Oh, and as a side note: I'm so thankful for my wonderful mother who has always been there for me... and still is to this day, though I'm 'grown' and out of the house now. She'll always be my Momma.

2 comments:

Wii are the Nelsons said...

Ouch 2 wasp stings! Glad you still had a good Mother's Day. pretty flowers

lindquist said...

Beautiful, Sis.