Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Random Belated April Photos...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this picture.

One.) Because Braxton is kind of smiling a little in it.

And

Two.) Because of the way the light it reflecting through our sliding glass window in the morning onto his face.



He is such a handsome little boy!

This is typical dinner at our house. Quincy in the high chair, Braxton in the swing. This is how we eat dinner together at the table. (Yes, I know Quincy is probably too big for the high chair, but it is easier to clean than my dining room chairs and until his baby brother needs it... he is going to stay in it, with his mess, during meal times. Braxton is pretty content to just chill in the swing. )

I love this picture of Braxton... he's just SO chubby. A stage in one's life where being chubby= cuteness. Not so cute when you're older....

These are the kind of faces I get from Braxton when the camera comes out. You wouldn't believe all the sweet smiles and faces he gives me when the camera's put away...

What every Mother wants to wake up to in her bed...

A puking baby. Let me note that while my baby Braxton woke up puking all over me, my sheets, the blankets, and himself... apparently that's all he needed to wake up for. Directly after his puking fest... he fell right back asleep, puke and all.

Lovely.

My little Braxton's hands. They are nearly as big as mine are... though it wouldn't take much to be bigger than my hands. Someday he will have big teenage and manly hands. And someday it won't be so cool to hold his mom's hand anymore. These are the little things that I want to treasure from motherhood.

Braxton's and my feet. Precious! I wish they could stay this little, but be independent at the same time. I love my boys being tiny like this, but could do without all the nursing and diaper changing. :)


The above two pictures of the boys sleeping on the couch I had to post. Both of my boys fell asleep with me on the couch, which NEVER happens!I just had to post these pictures to remember the moment.

In early April I was able to attend one of my good high school friend's, Katelyn, baby shower. She now lives with her husband, Nick, in Texas so it's rare that I get to see her much. In fact it will probably be even more rare when she has that baby boy of hers. Traveling with kids and babies is SO much harder.

While at the shower I also got to see another schoolmate of mine, dating all the way back to 2nd grade, Sophie. She is also expecting, her second girl. Both of them are due around the same time. I wish both of them the best.... And don't they look BEAUTIFUL? They were mad that I wasn't pregnant, but I reminded them that it's only been a few months since I was that round. :)

Another favorite part of Braxton... those cheeks. We all can't get enough of kissing on them. Of course, don't they just say: "Kiss me Already!"

I want to forever remember that Braxton's hands used to be this tiny. I love seeing them next to his Dad's hands.

4 comments:

Katie Stacey said...

I like all of your new posts. I really do just want to squeeze Braxton's little cheeks. They are just too cute!

Wii are the Nelsons said...

He is such a chunk, but oh so cute! Great pictures

Lance and Becky said...

I love those the chunky baby thighs!!

The Higbee Family said...

Very sweet picture of your boys. How did you deal with all that spit up? I think I would have cried...maybe not!