Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Quincy funnies...


***We ask Quincy about how nursery was and he tells us how much he loves it and wants to go again. He then very seriously looks at us and says in an excited voice, "Hey! Lets go right NOW!"

***While we're all in the car driving Tyler to work we drive over a patch of gravel where they were doing some construction. It was a minor bump in the road, but Quincy yells from the back, "Hey Dad! Watch where you're driving! Stay on the road!"

***One day, while feeling a little down about motherhood I look over to Quincy laying on his bed and ask him in I'm a bad mom. He smiles and answers, "I think you're a great mom!"

***While watching the Price is Right one morning I comment on how I want to go to one of the destination showcases to some Caribbean place. Quincy looks at me and says, "You can't go there Mom, the TV is closed."

***After commenting on how Quincy's jeans are starting to get old and ripping a bit at the knees I tell him we need to buy some new pants. He says, "Yeah we need to get some more at the jean store."

***While Tyler sings Yankee Doodle, Quincy looks very puzzled and asks Tyler, "What's a pony dad? Is it like a motorcycle or something?"

***When Quincy stayed with my parents while we were in Vegas he watched Grandpa Loren cleaning Grammies hair out of the bathroom drain. He says to Grandpa Loren, "My mom's hair plugs up the drain and my dad gets mad at her." (What's funny is that my hair has never plugged up the drain, nor has Tyler got mad at me. But he associated seeing my hair go down the drain to the situation and put two and two together.)

***Also while at Grammie and Grandpa Loren's house Quincy tells them, "My dad's toenails are GROSS because someone stepped on them while he was playing basketball."

***Yesterday I was watching the end of the movie 'Ghosts of Girlfriend's Past' and while Matthew McConaughey speeds down a snow covered hillside blaring Elvis Presley's 'Burning Love' from the car radio and barely dodging trees and bushes I say to Quincy, "He's driving like a maniac." Quincy who appears to be fixated on the crazy driving from Matthew McConaughey pries his eyes away and gets a serious look on his face only to say, "Yeah he's a crazy driver. Just like Grandpa Loren!" (Ba ha ha HA! IT was SO funny!! )

Oh this little boy can be such a handful, but when he says funny things like this... I can't help but love him to pieces!