Saturday, February 26, 2011

Day of Love...

I know Valentines Day was a few weeks ago... but I wanted to document it nonetheless...
These fowers I made up for a lesson that I taught at our ward's YW activity the week before valentines day.
Tyler was very sweet and brought me home a big bouquet of balloons! He insisted that none of the flowers at the grocery stores looked good. I told him to look there.... especially during Valentines Day since the price of a rose doubles ( I always tell him NOT to buy me flowers from a florist, but to get them at the grocery store and I will arrange them)-- after all I'm perfectly capable of arranging myself, so why bother paying someone else to do it? He also included with the balloons... a sweet card, a chocolate candy bar, and a redbox movie. Later he laughed and said to me... "geez, if I'm this nice this year... How am I going to top it next year? I think I'm setting the standard too high."
In return I slaved in the kitchen to make us a tasty dinner of Steaks, Scalloped Potatoes, and a fresh green salad...complete with fancy drinks. For dessert we had some leftover strawberry cheesecake ice cream cake with fresh strawberries sliced on top. Overall it was a delicious dinner and Tyler was thoroughly satisfied.
I know there are some people who think that Valentines Day is all commericalized and I'll admit that to an extent it really is... BUT I think it's great to take at least ONE day a year to focus on the things we love about our significant other. After all, when you've got 2 kids... sometimes those ideas for celebrating your love together go out the window real fast!
I love you Tyler. Thank you for a wonderful Valentines Day.....

No comments: