Monday, January 30, 2012

An exciting new start.

Almost two weeks ago my mom told me that my sister and her husband were going to come up for a weekend "visit" in which, Gil-- her husband-- was going to have a job interview. It was exciting to think of the possibility of them moving up here, as they have lived in California for the past several years.

Well, they came up, Gil had his interview.... and within 72 hours he was given a job offer, accepted it, they found a place to live in NE Portland and are making plans to move up by mid February.

It's amazing how things turned out. It reminds me so much of situation when moving from Boise to Portland. It was a time in our life when things were kind of looking down, but through faith and hard work we were able to get through those difficult times. Now, here we are...living in Portland and loving it. The opportunities that have been presented to us never cease to amaze us at how far we've come. We have been tremendously blessed.  
 While at my parents house for the weekend Tyler and I went on a little lunch date to the newly opened Jimmy Johns near their house. We have heard great things about the place and decided to give it a try.

Sadly, I was a little disappointed. It is not that I thought it was horrible; the place was extremely clean, the staff was friendly, and our food arrived promptly after we ordered--- it's just that I didn't find myself loving it as much as I do Quiznos.

Sorry Jimmy John lovers. :(
 The boys had a blast while cousin Lexi was in town. They all ran around Grammie and Grandpa's house til they were so worn out at night. Grammie also let B and Lexi bug help her make brownies. It's pretty clear on what their jobs were.... (to eat-- the batter, that it.)
 And eat they did. Doing a great job of it and enjoying every second helping Grammie out. :)
 They also had a great time in the "theater room" (which is a fancy term for the walk in closet in the kids' room downstairs that Grammie has collected all the classic Disney VHS movies for them to watch. She has QUITE the collection, too!) I thought it was cute that they were all snuggled up on the floor watching movies together.  


I think it's fair to say that we are excited for the Toolson Robledo family to move this way! We hope many more great things will be in store for them here. :)


2 comments:

Haley said...

how great that your sister and her family will be living so close! :) i know how it is living far away from siblings...

and I'm glad you gave jimmy john's a shot! quiznos rocks too (their chicken carbonara sub...oh heavens). I've only had one sandwich at JJ's...and I get it every time I go back :) It's the #12 (Beach Club...turkey, provolone, sprouts, guacamole spread, & more goodness) "unwich"...which is the low-card style sandwich without bread, so it's wrapped in lettuce. It's SO GOOD. If you ever go there again, you'll have to try it :) Goodness, I'm hungry now! haha!

and your cute boys and their little cousin are adorable together :) how fun to know she'll be living closer soon!

Kati Howard said...

Haley, you're too funny. You and I share a great love for wonderfully great food. YUM-O! ;)