Thursday, August 23, 2012

Zayden's 2 months stats (a lot late!)

Zayden at 2 months:
Weight: 13.10 oz
Height: 22 ¾ inches
**Can hold his head up while on his stomach at a 90* angle.
**Can roll over one way from stomach to back. He has been doing this since he was 2 months old. Although the first handful of times were coincidence he is starting to figure out how to maneuver his body to continue rolling over.
**Is starting to scoot on his tummy. He shifts his weight to his toes, bum in the air and pushes off his feet. He actually can move a few inches forward with this method, although he spends most of the time with his face pressed into the blanket and hollering about his displeasure of what’s happening to himself. He’s one determined boy. And SO strong! 
**He has discovered some new friends, his hands. This is by far one of the most entertaining periods in baby milestones. He loves his hands! They are fascinating. He can’t stop staring at them, sucking on them, waving them around, and trying out his skills at grabbing things with them. Occasionally I even find him talking to them. I love the pure fascination with “new” body parts that are being discovered with “new” little eyes. J SO cute!
**He loves to smile. Mom receives the majority of his smiles. The ‘melt your heart’, ear to ear kind of smiles. However, big brothers and Dad also get lots from him too.
**He has started “talking”. This is also really cute because you would think that he’s actually carrying on a real conversation with his goos and ahhs and brrs and such. LOVE hearing his sweet little voice express things.
**Loves to nurse now. In fact, so much so that Mom is having a hard time trying to convince him he’s NOT going to die if he doesn’t eat EVERY 2 hours or less. His pediatrician told me that his growth is phenomenal and that it’s not necessary at his weight for him to be nursing so often, ‘snacking’ was the term she used. She encouraged me to try and get him to feed longer and thus being able to go longer BETWEEN nursing. This is easier said than done. We are 3 weeks into this process and he still only manages 2.5 hours between feedings.
** The upside to the number of feedings during the day is that most every night he only wakes once. He eats and then immediately falls back asleep. Most nights it’s common for him to sleep 10:30-4:00 sometimes he ‘s slept until 6! Once he’s done feeding at night we can finally put him in with his brothers. (I’m still apprehensive about this. Braxton has a great curiosity with his new baby brother and I don’t doubt for a second that we will find B in the crib with Zayden or waking him up in the morning.)
Zayden is a combined personality of both Quincy and Braxton. There are times when he’s easy going and all smiles, content to be left alone or talk to you and there are moments when he demands attention, cries when he’s put down and wants to bounced to relax. (Just in case you were wondering Q was the high maintenance baby whereas B was the easy going one—don’t worry they reversed rolls as they’ve aged and are keeping me on my tippy toes daily.)
Each day I am reminded of how lucky I am that I have such a sweet little baby to smile at me. He has surpassed all expectations for just “a good strong healthy body” that we prayed for. He is stronger than I ever could have hoped for.  Somedays I wish he would just slow down—except for the frequent nursing part, that I’m okay with giving up a little more of. However, I try to enjoy what I can with him while he’s still little because he’s my baby, as in probably my very last baby, and as tired as I am most days he’s worth every moment spent holding him my arms and rocking him to sleep.
 
Happy 2 months Zayden. J































No comments: