Friday, August 16, 2013

How Many is too Much?

After making a quick 5 minute walk to Walmart I counted at least 20 times that I heard:
 "Mom, my tummy hurts. I really hungry!" 
And after responding with, "We only have to get 2 things and then we will go home and I will make dinner. We will be home before you know it." 
Then a minute would pass before I would hear the whole conversation repeated once again, as if it had never occurred in the first place. 
And after about 15 minutes of this happening and countless attempts at distracting Braxton from this vicious cycle and trying to prevent myself from having a volcanic explosion over the insanity of what was transpiring I finally stopped pushing the stroller and stuck him right behind his brother.
 Our stroller is meant to carry one child, not two. 
And especially not a big solid kid. 
But you know what?
As soon as this happened he quieted and I felt that the bomb inside my head which was about to go off was disarmed. 
Ah, and then all seemed right in the world again. 
I tried to make the most of this "breath of fresh air" moment and snapped a couple of pictures so I could smile at the ridiculousness of the situation later. 





1 comment:

Whitney said...

Brilliant idea! And they are so cute.