Sunday, May 12, 2013

The Seven Year Itch

It seems sort of unfortunate that we live in a society which ends in so much unhappiness. I remember hearing from some celebrity on TV about how they'd been married to their spouse for 8 years. She jokingly stated-- "Yeah, we made it past the seven year itch". Supposedly a good majority of marriages end in divorce by 7 years (I'm not quoting statistics here, just trying to make a point). 


I'm here to tell you that we MADE IT! 

We have successfully made it to seven years of marriage together. Has it all been peaches and cream? Certainly not. We have learned much as individuals and much about how to succeed as a couple. When things got tough we chose to stick to our guns and work through the difficulty together. 

After Tyler proposed on Friday January 13, 2006.... despite superstitions, our marriage has been a happy one. VERY happy. Tyler and I have quite different personalities and we have very different ways of processing things, BUT there is no other person in the world who is more compatible for me than HIM. I think it is clear that God gave me the most loving, adorable, and funny man, to help me through all of life's yucky stuff and also to be there to high five me when things became great. 

There is NO other person in this world who could possibly make me more happy than he does. 

Our anniversary was a simple one: my parents took (all three) boys over night for us, we went to dinner (which was sadly disappointing), we got dessert (delicious-- and to think it came from Fred Myers bakery), and spent a late night going on a walk together. If there's one thing that's never changed in the 8 years we've been together it's that Tyler and I don't have to spend money to have a great time, just being with each other makes us happy. And it's quite fair to say that we are both (somehow) more happy today than the day we were married.... because not only are we still incredibly in love, but we have grown closer together through life's ups and downs. And how could one NOT be happier knowing that they get to share the worst of times and the best of times with the person they love, forever? 

Happy Anniversary to us... and forever to go... 

No comments: