Monday, October 24, 2011

DIY Project

I have been looking for a club chair for a while.... something to use in our living room for extra seating or even in the bedroom corner for taking shoes on and off. I was going to buy one similar to this at the salvation army- it was $10.00, but Tyler vetoed it. Since that day I have regretted not buying that chair for such a good deal, until across this one:
BEFORE:
 It was just the right shape and size for what I wanted. What was even better was that it was $4.99. I guess good things DO come to those who wait.
 It was a little scuffed up in some spots, but I had plans to spray paint it white anyways.
 The only other downside was that it didn't come with a cushion. I easily made one out of some cute fabric I found on sale at JoAnns. Not too bad.....
After:

Not Bad,eh? I like it a lot. I think in total it cost me something like $20.00.