Friday, October 7, 2011

"Mom Date"

Isn't this picture of Braxton so cute? I love that he brings his books out to the patio to sit on his camping chair and "read". He's like a little old man. :)
A couple of weeks ago I had the opportunity to take the boys out for a "Mom Date". I had to go to a doctor appointment last month and in the last minute I ended up having to take the boys with me. Luckily it was a short appointment. They were pretty good. I figured since they were on their best behavior during my appointment that I would treat them to some fun stuff.
Normally I would have taken them to the park, but it's a lot harder to get them to leave the park when I'm by myself... so I decided that I would take them to the next best thing: the mall play area. :) As an added bonus it's enclosed so less chasing for me.
They, of course, loved it! I don't know what it is about boys but any chance they have to run, jump, or climb they are all over it.
Little Junior Monkey.
The serious child.
I love my little climber.
"Look what I can do, Mom!"
After going to the mall a few times now, Braxton has yet to master the tree slide by himself.... however, this time around he worked up the courage and dove in.
And look at that sweet little smile after he accomplished it! :)
And speaking of smiles... my number one son is a pro at them.
An attempt at getting a shot of BOTH of them smiling at the same time.... impossible! The Mom Date didn't end there. While we were at the mall we splurged on a Pecan Cinnabon and also had the pleasure of sampling some Jamba Juice smoothies. Am I a great mom or what?
After we went left the mall I took the boys for a brief walk on the Mt. Tabor Nature Park. Our walk was short lived because we had to go get Tyler... however, I think it's safe to say that it won't be the last Mom Date my boys have. Well, at least until they don't think I'm cool anymore. I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

No comments: