Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Halloween/ Harvest Apartment Party


Halloween is such a silly holiday.... what other time during the year can children and adults alike dress up in ridiculous costumes and still appear normal? However, it's a kids dream come true. Dress up, say "Trick or Treat?" and then get some candy in return? Who could deprive their children of such fun? Not me.

It's just that it sort of kills me to spend money on a costume that my kids will wear once (twice if I can re-use them for Braxton). This year I decided to be more creative. I thought Braxton would make the cutest cowboy. I had some fabric I got from my Grandma and figured I could sew up a little vest. Then, with the help of my mom... I borrowed the red bandanna and the black cowboy hat (from Unlce Scott, who's on a mission- I don't think he'll mind).
 Total cost of B's costume: $0.00! And doesn't he look ridiculously cute in that gigantic cowboy hat?
 Quincy decided this year that he wanted to be a skeleton. I looked everywhere for the cute skeleton jammies that are sold in lots of stores... problem? Everywhere I went they either didn't have his size or they didn't have them period, due to the fact that stores are cranking out Christmas stuff. It was rather frustrating. BUT my wonderful visiting teach informed me that she had not ONE, but TWO skeleton costumes-- one in Quincy's right size. The only problem with borrowing it is that she wasn't able to get it to me before the Apartment Party so we had to improvise with a costume for it. Q didn't seem to mind wearing the Micheal Jordon outfit again.
 At the party, they had a bubble machine. I don't care how old kids are.... bubbles are ALWAYS a hit. My boys spent lots of time over here by this. By the end of the evening Braxton's hair SMELLED like bubbles.
 The only downside for B was that there were kids Quincy's age that were bigger, taller, and faster at popping the bubbles before he could get to them. He seemed to handle it well....
 Quincy trying to sneak some pop.
 And speaking of pop... Braxton doesn't yet understand that pop has carbonation in it, he also can't describe the feeling that carbonation has in his mouth/ tummy. The only way he describes drinking pop is by saying "HOT". This pictures is him telling me the pop is "hot". lol

How DO you explain the feeling of carbonation??
 My little poser.

 Whenever B sees a baby that is sleeping he says "sssssss" instead of  "shhhh". I still think it's cute.
 CHEESE!
 "Where's the bubbles?"

 During the party the kids get to hit a pinata. They have all the little kids line up first. Each kid got two swings. I thought it was funny Quincy was surrounded by all these princesses. :)
 I told Q to hit the pinata as hard as he could-- try to break the candy out. He did a good job. I, however, did not do a good job capturing a picture of him hitting. The picture above looks like he didn't even hit it, but he did. There were too many parents in the way for me to get a good picture.
 Apparently since the cowboy hat was gigantic B felt the need to walk/ stroll around with his hands on it like this. To  keep it on?? I'm not quite sure.
We had a great time at the party and the boys already have a bucket full of candy. Good thing they just went to the dentist, right?

No comments: