Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Happy 31st Birthday, Tyler! (A month late)

Dear Tyler,
 
I'm so grateful to be married to you.
 
 I just want to take a moment to Thank your mom, Teesy Howard, for giving birth to you 31 years ago... and more importantly, for not giving you back to the hospital when you were a rambunctious baby-- to say the least. I'm glad your parents put up with your rowdy boy hood years; I'm grateful they didn't laugh (too) hard during your awkward teenage years, but most of all I'm thankful they guided you and helped mold you into the generous husband and father that you have turned out to be.
 
You work so hard, and although bragging is in your genes... I find that **I** do all the bragging for you. You're humble, when off the court at least. :) Your dedication in your work shows, as there are always people noticing, without your encouragement, how well you do your job. You never complain about having to be the sole bread winner. You indulge me in the occasional shopping trip or two. You are always insisting that we go out and spend a little money here and there to have fun as a family. You manage our finances so well, I never have to worry-- and of course, you know I do plenty of that. We always have what we need.
 
You are a terrific dad. Our boys idol you. You are the coolest person on Earth. They think you are hilarious. They love the second you pull up in the driveway. They love when you wrestle with them, show them "tricks", make silly faces, play sports with them, bring them home treats (no matter how small), show patience when they are mastering a new skill, when you tell them corny jokes-- or ones that make no sense at all, and when you compliment them. They are your biggest fans (almost). :) You have always been a proactive Dad. Helping out where you can. You have bottle fed, diapered, been pooped and peed on, and been spit up on (countless times), but you are still right there by their side(s) showing them no matter what they do that you will ALWAYS love them.
 
And speaking of your fan club, you know I'm the president. Because without you, I would cease to exist. You are always there for me; You're comforting me when I'm at my lowest, cheering with me when things are going great. You are great at things I'm not so great at. You make me laugh, even when I want to stay mad. I know that no matter what we're experiencing in life that it will always be a 'good time' as long as you're there with me.
 
I'm so happy you have got to spend another year of your life here on Earth, and that (hopefully) you get to spend at least 50 more....
 
Love you babe,
Your baby girl





Happy Birthday!

No comments: