It's hard to believe that this little baby:
Got big enough to turn 1 year old...
And soon turned 2 years old:
And eventually grew up to be this little 3 year old:
Braxton's 3 Year Stats:
Weight: 33 lbs ( 63%)
Height: 37.25" (43%)
Braxton is such a funny little kid. He's not overly demanding and usually just goes with the flow. Recently he's developed a sense of humor. He recognizes when things are funny and laughs at jokes. He is making lots of observations about his surroundings and has recently has made it a point to inform us of all this knowledge. I'm happy he's starting to show an interest in talking more.
I'm still trying to get him to use first person, since he usually refers to what he's doing with "me want more food" or "me like that". I remind him that he should say "I", but it's forgotten the second he remind him. He's a good big brother to Zayden, although he can get frustrated when Z tears down his towers or tries to take certain cars that he's playing with.
Braxton has almost learned to sing the entire ABC song by himself... though it can be difficult to understand some of what he's singing. He is recognizing letters and always makes a point in telling us when he sees a letter B that that is his name. I asked him what he wanted for to do for his birthday and this is what he came up with:
So we did exactly what he wanted....
His Birthday Cake request was that it had to have strawberries on it. I made a chocolate double layered brownie cake with cream cheese frosting, with strawberries and blackberries on it in the shape of a B. He was so happy and even recognized that it was "his" letter. :)
His lunch request was grilled cheese sandwiches with craisins.
Oh so happy. :)
Cake time. He loved having this in the middle of the day, right after lunch.
He blew out each of his candles one at a time... after us telling him not to spit on the cake when he blew them out.
Yum. It was delicious and Braxton told me it was "SO GOOD!"
The whole gang of boys trying to get in on the opening presents action.
I asked him what he wanted for his birthday and he said cars. This is by far the only toys that get played with the most.
Grandpa Kent got him an orange Lamborghini.
Poor Z wanted to help open present so bad. B wasn't having it.
They are all excited about the new cars.
After going to the library and checking out new books we headed down to Clackamas for dinner at Pizza Hut.
Killing time while our pizza arrived....
After Pizza we went over to JJ's Jump House. Braxton has been wanting to go here for a while now. It was only open later from 7-9:00PM (which normally is when they're getting ready for bed) but we decided since it was his huge birthday request we'd go ahead and brave a late night. The boys were SERIOUSLY in heaven. There was running, jumping, climbing, and lots or falling down, but they couldn't have been happier. We ended up leaving at 8:30PM and making the drive home, but everyone had a great day.
The next day (Sunday-- his actual birthday) he got more presents at Grammie and Grandpa's house 4 new books and finger paints. He really liked the 3D Eye Spy book, a Tractor book with a moving tractor inside it, and of course a book about trucks. B has really taken a liking to reading recently, which makes me so happy.
20 Questions-- All About Braxton at 3 years old:
1. What’s your favorite color? green
2. What’s your favorite toy? Red hummer car
3. What’s your favorite fruit? Pears
4. What’s your favorite TV show? Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood
5. What’s your favorite lunch? Peanut butter and honey sandwiches
6. What’s your favorite outfit? Basketball jerseys
7. What’s your favorite game? Painting game on the computer
8. What’s your favorite snack? Carrots and craisins
9. What’s your favorite animal? Bears
10. What’s your favorite song? Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam
11. What’s your favorite book? Busy things that Go
12. Who’s your best friend? Hazel
13. What’s your favorite cereal? Granola
14. What’s your favorite thing to do outside? Ride on four wheelers
15. What’s your favorite drink? Root beer Pop
16. What’s your favorite holiday? Christmas
17. What do like to take with you to bed at night? Puppy and blanket
18. What’s your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Oatmeal
19. What do want for dinner on your birthday? Pizza
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? Pilot