Saturday, August 9, 2008

Putt-Putt Golf



Wow! How your life changes when you have a kid! Tyler and I hardly ever get to go out on dates anymore. I hate to say it but I think the last time we went out was in May at my parents house... and it was just an afternoon lunch together without Quincy.... before that it was probably September for Tyler's birthday!! I wish really bad we could go out more foten, but we are trying to conserve our money for other important needs. So, we've decided that we are going to do some creative thinking about cheap dates... or dates that cost nothing at all.

Tyler would kill me if he were reading this post, but since he's watching a BSU game on TV... too bad! Sometimes he's really sweet. Like for instance a couple weeks ago when I wasn't feeling too well he wrote a nice message on our white board that said: "Kati, I hope you feel better. I love you." It was very simple and meant a lot to me. In fact, it's still on there, because I like reading it knowing that he was thinking about me. Every now and then he surprises me with nice little things like that. I also remember when we were dating, he was still at school and I was off-track at home working in WA, he sent me a big bouquet of beautiful roses. I don't think it was for any reason in particular, just to say he couldn't wait to see me in a couple weeks. A few weeks ago we had a "date" night laying outside our apt. in the grass... it was late and the sky was clear spotted with bright stars and we had our trusty i-pod with us for some mood music. It was romantic... as romantic as it could be, knowing we couldn't leave home becuase Quincy was inside sleeping for the night.

Tonight our date night so far has consisted of putt putt golf. Since we're on a budget we made up our own little course for the gold balls. It was fun and a little challenging, especially going out the door. We were trying to get it up a little ramp and out the door and closest to the tree. I'm pretty sure I won most of them. Actually, I can proudly say... I won most of them. I like that I can beat Tyler in something-- every so often any ways. He's better at everything else... but I can claim putting. I think I would royally suck at actual golf, but close range... I'm a'ight.

So here are a few pictures to commerate our date night.
Challenge number one.... through the weights and into the tupperware.
Challenge number two... up the ramp, out the door and into the hole by the trunk of the tree.
I totally won!

3 comments:

Jennifer P. said...

That is just the sweetest thing Kati! It's dates like that you'll remember forever and ever :)

Good to see you today!--Sorry it seems I never get to do much more than that at church. Feels like I'm always being pulled in AT LEAST four different directions there!

Kati Howard said...

Thanks! I know what you mean about being pulled different directions. I think that mother's always are... especially at church!

Price Family Adventures!!! said...

What a great Idea. This looked like a lot of fun.