Monday, August 25, 2008

Bogus Basin

On Saturday we went to Bogus Basin for a picnic with Tyler's family. Aunt Heather and Uncle Trevor got to ride with Quincy in the back of our car. It was a very nice day and a short ride for the most part. The only downside was that the roads up to Bogus were REALLY winding and we ALL felt SO car sick. I swore in my head I was going to throw up several times on the way up. Poor Heather and Trevor were car sick also, so I didn't feel so bad about wanting to puke. The view at the top was really pretty. There are actually evergreen trees in Idaho, who would've known! I'm only partially kidding, because growing up in SW Washington I saw alot more trees and the green was alot greener. But I have to say it was a beautiful view none the less.

We had very nice picnic complete with sandwiches, chips, watermelon, brownies, and pop. Of course Quincy refused to eat anything nutritious and only consented in eating the brownies, chips, and some root beer. He gets every ounce of that from his dad, NOT me.






Quincy went up with Aunt Kelly, Uncle Derek, and his Grandpa Kent to the top of this rock-- which wasn't too far from our picnic tables.

After our long drive up to have a picnic, a couple of hours exploring, and a lack of food in his stomach Quincy spent an hour like this at home:
He was thoroughly and utterly exhausted! It was fun though and we were glad to see all of Tyler's family, since most of them are in Utah now.
Thanks Guys!

3 comments:

Kim Allen said...

What a fun time. I can't believe you braved the fair this year. It gives me a headache being there. We miss you guys so if you ever come downtown come see us!! And we'll do the same.

lindquist said...

hi guys just a note to say i love u and am proud of tyler and kati and Q bear and miss u tons
xxoo gr. L

Jennifer P. said...

Darn Blogger!!! I KNOW I left a comment on this post and it's apparantley been gobbled up! I think Quincy and I are on the same diet---and it leaves me exhausted and sticky too :)!

Thanks for your sweet comments about my house. If you look in the sidebar of my blog, there's a little thing that says R Remodeling: My Other Blog. It shows how we remodeled this place. www.evolutionofahome.blogspot.com.

Hope you have a great long weekend!