Monday, April 6, 2009

A visit from Grandpa Loren:


Grandpa's little helper.

Tuesday morning Grandpa Loren flew into Boise. We were so excited that he would get to see us at our house. Quincy was especially excited to see Grandpa. He wasn't quite sure where we were going the morning we went to pick Grandpa up at the airport, but he was enthusiastic none the less. Grandpa Loren had some work to do at the Boise Mall. We headed straight over there after we picked him up at the airport. Then we headed back home to take naps and play.
Obviously Quincy was in need of a nap!

Tyler had to work a little on Tuesday, but when he got home we went out to dinner for my birthday, even though my Birthday wasn't until Thursday! Since I was the soon-to-be birthday girl, I got to pick the place for dinner. I thought we should try somewhere new so we went to Good Wood Barbecue. It was yummy. I ordered a Salmon Fillet and Garlic Smashed potatoes with a Cesar salad and corn bread. Quincy helped eat my corn bread though. It was so nice of Grandpa to take us out to dinner.
After dinner we stopped at the Nike Outlet so the boys could browse for shoes and then we picked up some ice cream at Walmart for dessert.
Tyler and my dad played basketball than night while I stayed home with Quincy. I watched a movie called "What happens in Vegas" and it was HILARIOUS! I felt dumb laughing so hard out loud because I was the only one watching it.
Wednesday morning Grandpa was really nice and bought us some groceries and even made us French Toast for breakfast. That grandpa is very very sneaky, he even filled our gas tank!
Before long it was time for Grandpa to fly home. We drove him to the airport and said our goodbyes. We can't wait to see him again!

3 comments:

Wii are the Nelsons said...

his grandpa reminds me of Mike's dad a little....it's good to see grandpas act silly

Kati Howard said...

Yup, my dad has always been goofy, which of course was embarassing growing up, now it doesn't even phase me.

lindquist said...

He may be having fun with Grandpa but GRAMMI loves him MOST!