Sunday, April 19, 2009

Tyler's Dream Date Night

Our Ward was promoting a "fill the temple" night on Tuesday and Wednesday of last week. The Young Women in our ward even volunteered to babysit for free to those couples who wanted to attend the temple.

Of course we wanted to go to the temple and it was even better that Megan, a young woman in our ward, was willing to watch Quincy for free. She did such a good job. Quincy was quiet in his crib when we got home and everything was clean. Megan even brought some toys and books from home, which anyone who was a kid or has them, knows "new" toys are always a hit. Surely we will keep Megan in mind next time we need a babysitter.

It's been a while since we had attended the temple... I won't say how long, but long enough. Tyler and I were very glad to go. We saw a few couples from our ward there... nobody during the session we attended though. I love going to the temple, it's so quiet and peaceful and comforting. I love all the temple workers there who are constantly smiling and reassuring you with kind faces. It often makes me wonder what heaven will be like....

After we finished our session I convinced-- I write this with a huge sarcastic smile because it wasn't convincing at all-- Tyler to go out to dinner with me at a new Brazilian Restaurant here in Boise called:


They have these Brazilian Grills in Utah, but none here... until recently. A month back they had a promotion that if you registered online you got a free $10 gift card. Tyler made sure we were both registered. Not to mention that since we were registered online as members I got a free Birthday Meal Coupon for April.

Tyler was so excited to go, grinning from ear to ear. I was happy that he was happy.... and then we were seated....................

Did I also mention that the whole concept of Tucanos is that it's an all-you-can-eat Grill? They have a flat fee for their salad bar... which is quite affordable. And I'm sure you're thinking, "Big deal an all you can eat salad bar.... that sounds fun!" The salad bar alone has every kind of vegetable AND fruit salad you could dream of (green salads, salsa, marinated cucumbers, fruit salads, watermelon, fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs and all the dressings and toppings to boot). Then there's also a bread part which had different kinds of freshly baked breads. Oh and there's pasta, rice and beans (which is Tyler's favorite because they're cooked authentically Brazilian style) mashed potatoes, fried bananas and such.............................. seriously I could have eaten a whole meal and been completely satisfied with the salad bar.

But the food didn't stop there. They also have an all you can eat meat selection. There are servers who walk around the tables with 12-15 different kinds of fresh meat off the grill. The meats range from bacon wrapped turkey to top sirloin to spicy chicken wings to mango flavored fish to pork tenderloin and such. It was at this point that Tyler seriously looked like he was in heaven. We both ordered the works.... all you can eat meat and salad bar complete with fancy drinks.

When we were first seated our waitress, Nancee, explained how the restaurant worked and then Tyler asked her a question about a specific drink.... which led to her inquiring if he spoke Portuguese. He told her that he did and she said that she didn't speak a word, but would send someone by who did. Later, half way through our meal a waitress came up to Tyler and the two of them had a short conversation about Brazil. I love to watch Tyler speak Portuguese, I think it really throws people to hear and white kid speaking another language so fluently. It also helps that I can understand quite a bit of it.... otherwise I'd be clueless as to what his conversations with strangers were about in another language.

I tried to pace myself, but it was impossible. Everything looked good.... and who could pass up such an opportunity of selection? At the end of our meal Nancee came by to ask if we had saved room for dessert, which of course we hadn't. She showed us a delicious tray of cheesecakes, homemade ice cream, flan, creme brulee, and a chocolate cake. Though it was tempting..... we declined.

The best part was the deal we got for dinner. What would have cost us $50, we only paid $19.00 for! Good thing I had a birthday and we had our $10 gift card!

Both of us had a wonderful night. I'm so thankful for the temple, and for Tucanos..... though it might be a while before we head back. Maybe for Quincy's or Tyler's birthday! :o)

4 comments:

Coming soon.... said...

that is one of my favorite places to eat!

Wii are the Nelsons said...

sounds delicious...is there one in IF yet?

Katelyn Graves said...

you are always finding the best deals! So thank you for the offer for the contact but nick passed the drug test so no need. haha. As for the business, I am thinking of getting into the melaluca thing because no one has heard of it down here. One of my friends here is into it and is goign to help me out and build the business with me. I am pretty excited! If you need any products let me know!!

lindquist said...

hi guys and Q .. grandpa misses u most already. i miss ur little feet running all over and ur squealing . u were so fun to have ..we would have lots of pics but grammi broke the camera.. rememeber who loves u most? ...GRANDPA

xxoo GR lgl