Sunday, June 21, 2009

Mary, Mary quite contrary how does your garden grow?

Our little garden is flourishing... especially with all the rain we've had the last few weeks.

(Our garden view from the front yard)
My tomato plants are as tall as Quincy, in fact they have outgrown the bamboo stakes I've been tying them to. I have noticed little green tomatoes popping out here and there which are the size of little walnuts. I have also noted that our pepper plants are growing some tasty peppers on them. They are about 3 inches long now.

(The tomatoes in the right back corner, and the peppers are in front of them)

(The lettuce and herbs are all along the front bottom right hand corner of the garden)
Our onions, and shallots are coming along nicely, as well as our potatoes. We have already harvested 4 heads of lettuce and are eagerly awaiting the next ones to fill out.

I just recently planted some lemon cucumbers and am anxious to eat them. Okay, don't mind the lame burntlooking grass in the above picture... I just wanted to note that we have cleaned out the garden spot under the stairs..... to the right we have planted the lemon cucumbers. I don't know why we didnt' think to plant this area sooner.

(I just wanted to show how much our moss has filled in nicely) I think it looks pretty between the stepping stones.)

I am so happy with how our little garden has filled out and I'm very thankful for all the rain Heavenly Father has sent that is making our garden grow.

3 comments:

lindquist said...

WOW, Kate. Youre garden truly IS flourishing. I bet the place has never looked so nice - the owners are lucky to have you as renters. I am proud of your garden. Ours is coming along pretty nice as well. We actually pray for our garden. And Nanny has been praying for my apricot tree. I bet people reading this would think we're nuts... but hey, we're just trying to follow the counsel of our leaders and be self reliant. It just feels good to be able to do things like this for yourself. It's rewarding to see things come to fruition. Especially tomotoes!

lindquist said...

Dang, sis. I just noticed how good your chives look. Mine are pune-y. I don't know how come, either. I also noticed the little rocks you have lining your garden. They made me smile and think of our 'rock creek' at our old house. It looks so nice.

Kati Howard said...

Are you talking about the ones against the house.. cuz those are Onions and Shallots. I've never grown either... and that area of our garden never does well for other stuff, however, those seem to be doing great.