Friday, July 17, 2009

Catch Phrase

Just wanted to record our son's latest favorite phrases:

* Mine! * -- I think this is something he's picked up from the little nursery girls, who are defensively yelling it at the little boys who are trying to steal their dollies.

* I do myself. * -- This is what we're told throughout each day. Occasionally he says "I need help you" (When we ask him, "Do you need help?" he gets confused when asking for us to help him. Instead of saying "I need you to help me", he says "I need help you". Close enough right?)

* No! * -- If we ask him any thing, more often than not this is the first response. It's funny when we ask if he would like something he really wants and replies with a *no*.


He's acquiring quite the 2 year old attitude if I don't say so myself. Still, he has his moments where he's sweet.


This morning when I came to get him out of his crib I started feeling sick and had to wake Tyler up to change his diaper. I was standing in his doorway, to assure him I wasn't going to leave him trapped in his crib, and holding my stomach. He looked at me and said "Mama's tummy has owyee." To which I couldn't help but smile, despite feeling nauseous, and said "Yes, Mama's tummy hurts." He smiled at me really big and said.... "I kiss it better." My heart just melted. He did kiss it and you know what? For about 5 seconds it DID feel better.

Something else he said today, our little parrot that he is, was when he found a tack on the floor and I told him to give it Dad because it was dangerous. He ran to the kitchen yelling "This dangerous." We really have to watch what we say because he repeats almost anything. I love my little soon to be 2 year old. I can't believe how big he's getting.

1 comment:

lindquist said...

Quincy is very smart. I like that not only is he putting sentances together but that he demonstrates true cognitive thinking. He is understanding and making very good connections! Keep reading!!!!!!!
Love,
Grammie
ps - I have some more stickers for Q when he comes!!!