Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Fourth Coninued.....

After the parade we went to the Julia Davis park for a family picnic. We had crackers, watermelon, nectarines, chips, hot dogs and pop.

Notice what Quincy clung to right off the bat.

I laughed when I was taking this picture because notice WHO'S sitting in Quincy's chair. And see how happy Quincy looks about it.

Even after getting his chair back... he was still unhappy, mostly because we told him he couldn't have any pop unless he ate his hot dogs. He wasn't happy about this. Poor Quincy it was nap time.

Our little trooper ALMOST made it to watch the firework downtown. He wanted so badly to watch, but passed out in the car (still holding his milk) on the car ride there.

Luckily we anticipated this and so we were prepared with his jogger stroller, which allows him to lay completely back. He slept, just like this, ALMOST the entire time.


He slept this way for about 45 minutes.... through fireworks going off, cars honking, drunk people yelling, and then about 5 minutes before the firework show ended he popped up and said clear as a bell "Fireworks... right there." At first we thought he was sleep talking, but soon his little eyes focused and he looked all nervous hearing the loud noise. We ended up letting him sit on our laps to watch the rest of the show.

I think all in all, we had a great Fourth of July. Next year will be even more fun.

Happy Late 4th everyone!

2 comments:

lindquist said...

Looks like Q had a very big day! The picture of him crying... well THAT looks like Tyler! ha ha JK..!
You guys all look like summer has hit - lookin' all tan. I like the last pic of you and Tyler. I don't see an arm out - who took it? Quincy??? :)
Missing you way too much today,
Mom

Kati Howard said...

I took it... I'm just so good you couldn't see my arm. And as for the tans... Tyler's been more like burnt than tan. My tan is pretty lame because I've been working in the greenhouse... but I'm trying to maintain a little sumptin.