Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Fourth of July Events

Our Fourth started out with a car ride to watch the downtown Boise Parade.

Quincy was pretty excited that he got to go in the car so early in the morning.

Anxiously awaiting the parade festivities.

Snapping a shot of us on the street.... patiently waiting for the parade to make it's way to us.

Putting lots of sunscreen on. It was pretty hot that morning. Tyler got a little sun burnt on his face.... he should have taken notice of Quincy's good example.

Enjoying the beautiful view above us. I love how pretty the clouds look.
He actually wanted to sit on my lap... so of course we had to document it via photo.

Finally the parade starts.

Some cool old cars.

I took a picture of this float because the "statue" man on it was real. I couldn't believe he was kneeling so still on it.... not to mention he wasn't passed out from all those layers of clothing he was wearing. It had to have been 85* that morning!

And what is a parade without music? These bag pipe players are in it each year... and they are phenomenal. I think parades should ALWAYS have music. Don't you?

Quincy really like this small "police car".

The unicycle man was a big hit with Quincy as well. He was especially impressed that the guy was juggling as well. He kept saying... balls.

Some of the war vehicles. Something about seeing these made me get a little choked up. I feel so grateful that we live in a nation where we are so blessed to have so many freedoms. I am also grateful for the many men and women who have fought and are still fighting for those freedoms.

This bus housed some of the veterans... who waved flags from inside, where I'm sure they had some air conditioning to keep them cool.

More men in service.

All in all, the parade was a hit with Quincy.

4 comments:

Lance and Becky said...

Quincy looks so much like Tyler its crazy! I saw the bum picture of Quincy...very cute!

lindquist said...

Quincy looks like YOU! ha ha
Looks like another fun 4th of July. Wish we could have been there with you guys. I just feel like we're missing out on so many things. Thank you for posting things so we can share in your world.
xo,
Mom

Kati Howard said...

We have it down to a T..... Quincy has: my eye shape (but Tyler's eyelashes, eyebrows, and eye color), my nose, but Tyler's lips, he has my ears, and for the most part Tyler's shape of head. He has Tyler's bum, my short legs and long torso, and my toes. He's quite the combo of the two of us. He turned out pretty cute if I don't say so myself.

Coming soon.... said...

Looks like fun!