Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A little Quincy update...

Having a newborn in itself is enough to keep us on our toes as parents.... but adding a 2 and 1/2 year old little boy...... it's quite the adventure around here everyday.

Just so our blog doesn't get all Braxton-eeee... I wanted to give a little update on some of the funny everyday things that Quincy does.

I try to write down the funny and entertaining things that Quincy does, here are some from January:
**Quincy ran into his room and then came to me and said, "Did you make my bed mom?" I replied to him, "Yes, I did." He then gave this very sweet look and smiled really big and said, "THANKS for making my bed mom!" (Moments as a mother that you treasure!)

**Quincy now knows Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Once there Was a Snowman, Itsy Bitsy Spider, and the ABC's song. He sings them quite frequently to Braxton.

**While I'm sitting on the bathroom floor by the toilet doubled over in pain from a contraction Quincy rubs my head and says "It's Ok Mom. You feel better?"

**Quincy notices me whincing from Braxton kicking and very seriously looks at me and says "Don't kick Braxton Mom! It's OK."

** Tyler calls Quincy 'Mr. Ding Dong' and Quincy replies with , "I not Mr. Ding Dong. I Mr Howard!"


Here's are some more Quincy funnies from the month of February:

** While Quincy takes a bath in the tub Tyler shaves his face in the bathroom sink. Quincy looks up at Tyler's chin covered in white shaving cream and says, "Ho, ho, ho! Merry Chrtistmas Dad!"

** After going for a little family walk and playing in a park I pick a little white daisy flower and give it to Quincy. He looks at it and says, "You picked this flower for me mom? Oh! It's BEAUTIFUL."

** Braxton lays in his cradle in our living room asleep with his fist out of the blankets, Quincy runs up to him sees his fist and yells, "Pound it Braxton!" After which he proceeds to bump fists with B. He then says "High five Braxton!" (Braxtonlays there sleeping and does nothing.)

**Tyler tells Quincy that mom's foot fell asleep. Very seriously Quincy looks down at my foot, gets close to it and then tells it, "Wake up!"

**Quincy recites some of the lines from a Sunbelt Granola bar commercial from memory..."Sunbelt, Sunbelt, chocolate chip... don't let the secret slip."

Although Quincy has his 2 year old 'moments'... it's little things like these that remind me why we love having him as a part of our family!

No comments: