Monday, March 8, 2010

Spring has Sprung...

One of my favorite times of the year is early spring.

I love when the weather starts to warm...

I love seeing the bulbs start to poke through the earth.

Crocus' are one of earliest signs of spring.

The flower often peeks through frozen snow on the ground.

I also love to see the plum trees start to blossom.

We saw a white flowering plum tree and Quincy said " It looks like popcorn on that tree." I said "Yes, just like the song ' I looked out the window and what did I see? Popcorn popping on the apricot tree'. " He thought that was funny, and now he tells me every time we see a plum tree in bloom, " It looks like popcorn mom."

I love to watch the spring green buds show up on the willow trees...

I love seeing the sun shine through after a rain storm...

I love to watch the new green growth on the maple trees....

I love to see fuzzy pussy willows....

I love seeing dark rain clouds roll in for a rainy afternoon thunderstorm.

After all we all are familiar with the popular phrase "April showers bring May flowers"

I love seeing bright yellow daffodils showing their pretty flower heads....

I love spring!

No comments: