Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Morning

It's funny how as a kid we couldn't wait for Christmas morning..............

I remember being so excited when I went to bed that I couldn't sleep. It seemed like it took me forever to actually fall asleep. Then when it was 4:00AM, my eyes would spring open --you know the feeling, like when you realize you've slept longer than you should have and now you're late for work--. My little body must have instinctively known that Christmas morning had finally come at last; Santa had read my Christmas wish list; My brother's and mine efforts to behave all month long were going to pay off!

We would excitedly run into our parent's room and wake them up. As a kid I was always amazed at how tired my parent's were Christmas morning. I mean, we could hardly contain ourselves. After all, it's Christmas MORNING mom and dad.... can't you wake up early once?!? Later I understood the meaning of WHY they were so tired...... Oh the joy we will have when our kids do the same thing we did to our parents.

When we were younger my mom would try to make us open one gift at a time so everyone could see.... but this proved to be pretty difficult because I'm quite positive that my brother's were never excited to watch me open my The Littlest Pet Shop present. As we got older this concept was more feasible.

The Christmas morning's came and went... each year our parent's and Santa were pretty generous to us (probably more than they should have been.) When we were older the Christmas morning's were a little less magical and the enthusiasm to rise at 4:00AM soon drifted to 10:00AM.

My most favorite part about Christmas now is being together as a family. I was so glad that we got to spend Christmas here at my parent's house.... it's not too frequent that we get to see them and so it's been nice to be here with them for this favorite holiday season.

Christmas morning was not rushed this year.... we all got up around 8:00AM and then ate some breakfast. After everyone had a chance to eat we opened presents.

This was Quincy's (and Tyler's) big present:
It was a Fisher's Price children's basketball hoop!
I knew about this present because my parent's told me I had to tell Tyler's parents that they were getting it, so Quincy wouldn't end up with 2 basketball hoops! I think Tyler really liked it... probably a little more than Quincy did.






After lots of work or effort putting it together, of course -- without reading the instructions-- Quincy was finally able to play some ball!
Much of the remainder of our Christmas morning was pretty low key. Tyler looks pretty tired in this picture:
Quincy enjoyed his stacking rings.....
We all received everything that we needed, thanks to my wonderful parents. I don't think we could have had a nicer Christmas.
Thanks Mom and Dad..... errr, I mean Thanks Grammie and Grandpa! :)
Hopefully the rest of you had a very Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Shera said...

Looks like lots of fun! I am glad you guys had a good Christmas. Quincy looks cute.