Friday, September 12, 2008

Just Call Me Racheal Ray

Even though Tyler insisted that he didn't NEED anything for his birthday and tried to convince me a baked potato and chili was good enough for dinner.....I ended up winning the conversation. I told him to pick whatever he wanted for dinner and I'd make it, with no complaints of course. He finally decided on eating some oven baked Pork Tenderloin. I paired this tasty meat with some oven baked potatoes, all of which were marinated in some yummy honey and spice rub seasonings. Then I steamed some green beans for a little veggie on the plate. It was delicious!! I was pretty proud of myself.

So I know that many chefs do a two in one meal, Racheal Ray does them all the time, so like I said, just call me Racheal Ray. After We had a yummy birthday meal I transformed it into some spicy, sweet, and sour stir fry. I used the left over pork tenderloin and stir fried it with some sliced carrots, broccoli and green onions. Then I made some sweet and sour sauce form scratch and thoroughly coated the vermicelli noodles. It was really good and the best part is that it lasted for two more meals!

I LOVE leftovers!

3 comments:

Wii are the Nelsons said...

Both look really yummy!

Spencer & Jonathan said...

it does look as good as rachel rays! jonathan and i have been cooking alot lately too... well, jonathan has. =) but it's so much better AND cheaper! when are you guys coming over again. you have to see our place?

Kati Howard said...

I'm not really sure... maybe next month? Whenever dad finds a good flight deal.